Climate Control Lcd

bess

several solutions to this. You can replace the lcd and lights in it yourself. I've seen kits on ebay for this, but it will take some soldering. You can also find some used ones on ebay or on car-part.com It searches many salvage yards simultaneously. You can also send it off to get it repaired.

several solutions to this. You can replace the lcd and lights in it yourself. I've seen kits on ebay for this, but it will take some soldering. You can also find some used ones on ebay or on car-part.com It searches many salvage yards simultaneously. You can also send it off to get it repaired.

Thanks for the info. I think I can repair it so I will look on ebay as a used one may not last long.

Your probably correct, but you really need to be good at soldering b/c too much heat in the wrong place could damage something. It is very expensive to send the thing off, so If you can do it yourself you can save a lot of money. You may want to invest in a desoldering iron to remove the old lcd.

I am curious about the services offered at LexTech.

http://lextech.org/osCommerce/product_info...847d27a13074dac

Looks like a blue colored led screen.

Does this just use your screen and it will still bleed or turn black in the middle? Or is it a new screen/lights? I dont know much about the process. Just thought I would toss it out there as a possible option. I am going to be looking soon to do the same in my car.

I am curious about the services offered at LexTech.

http://lextech.org/osCommerce/product_info...847d27a13074dac

Looks like a blue colored led screen.

Does this just use your screen and it will still bleed or turn black in the middle? Or is it a new screen/lights? I dont know much about the process. Just thought I would toss it out there as a possible option. I am going to be looking soon to do the same in my car.

Yes, they use your old LCD. You will need to buy a new one.

Lextech does the back lighting only change, they do not replace the LCD screen or correct the bleeding...I did the bright Ultra white back ground and two bulb areas went dead in less then one year...Becareful with Lextech...I would not use them agian... Although the needles are still in perfect working order...If anything just use Lextech use for the needles..

I just purchased a new LCD screen from Lextreme (sc400). Price $170.00 + shipping. There is some soldering involved and kinda handy to have a "soldersucker" to remove the old screen. It took about 2 weeks to get it and after I installed it, it works beautifully :D Nice to at least see if I am in Auto mode and the temperature setpoint :)