Car Of The Year 2006 !

dcfish

It's a great car. I'm thinking that I might have a shot at driving the Camry tomorrow, because my dad is arriving from the Philippines tonite at San Francisco Int'l Airport, and I think he's getting a Camry from Hertz, possibly hybrid too (because it says "Toyota Camry- GREEN" on the rental reservation) so I'll let you guys know how it feels and drives! :D

It's a great car. I'm thinking that I might have a shot at driving the Camry tomorrow, because my dad is arriving from the Philippines tonite at San Francisco Int'l Airport, and I think he's getting a Camry from Hertz, possibly hybrid too (because it says "Toyota Camry- GREEN" on the rental reservation) so I'll let you guys know how it feels and drives! :D

hopefully he doesnt try to drive at the "electric" speeds all the way down frm SF to fresno. :D

why do you need a rental car?

Read my statement again and tell me why. :geek: I'll give you a hint, I live in Fresno.

hopefully he doesnt try to drive at the "electric" speeds all the way down frm SF to fresno. :D

Well that would be interesting. He might be driving in "electric" mode the whole time, because it would be his first time driving a hybrid by himself. At least he could return the car w/o filling the tank. lol. I remember when we bought our RX300 back in 2000, we drove all the way from LA to Fresno (got the car in Tustin) and he drove the whole way with the power mode on! What a way to really "break-in for better fuel efficiency" on it's first 300-400 miles. lol. He didn't know where the switch was for the "PWR" mode, when it was just right next to the gear shifter! :wacko::wacko: Idk, it says it on the reservation Camry-GREEN, but i doubt it. They probably have Ford Five Hundreds waiting for him. <_< He's dreaming it will be a hybrid camry, but we'll see. :D

lol for some reason, i thought you guys (family) were going to pick him up at the airport which is why i questioned the rental car....also cause you guys own cars here and live primarily here (maybe wrong).

i underestimated how far fresno was from SFO.

p.s. i went to SFO tonight too!

lol for some reason, i thought you guys (family) were going to pick him up at the airport which is why i questioned the rental car....also cause you guys own cars here and live primarily here (maybe wrong).

i underestimated how far fresno was from SFO.

p.s. i went to SFO tonight too!

It's ok. We all make mistakes when reading things. But consider this, is there anything wrong, if I were to pick him up from Fresno, and I rented a car? lol :) But i just got a call from him that they didnt even have camrys but he didnt even tell me what car he got. :(

Not to be off-topic, but is it possible to "delete a virus" from a cellphone, or PDA? I think my dad received some unwanted virus via bluetooth w/o him knowing when he was in the Philippines and I think it's !Removed! up his Treo. I remember turning the bluetooth off for him before he left but maybe for some weird or accidental reason he must have turned it on not knowing it. And I also need a new phone because my headpiece on the phone is broken, so do i hear a new Treo 680, possibly two of them?!?!?!? lol :P

MT COTY....it's always a surprise as to what they are going to pick. My favorite had to be in '96 when they picked the Chrysler Cirrus! LMAO What a joke! I think the Camry is a pretty good choice. I can't see Camry excelling in the "significance" area of the score card, but I'm sure it is a good car and don't doubt that it excelled in the superiority and affordability categories. Of the cars they tested, I would have liked to see the LS460 or S550 win because they are more significant than the Camry to me, but I know they factor in affordability, so I'm sure that's why they didn't win.

Idk, it says it on the reservation Camry-GREEN, but i doubt it. They probably have Ford Five Hundreds waiting for him. <_< He's dreaming it will be a hybrid camry, but we'll see. :D
A Camry Hybrid wouldn't be too far of a reach considering we've had a Prius rental before. ;) We just requested [whatever class they call a Prius], and that's what they gave us.

MT COTY....it's always a surprise as to what they are going to pick. My favorite had to be in '96 when they picked the Chrysler Cirrus! LMAO What a joke! I think the Camry is a pretty good choice. I can't see Camry excelling in the "significance" area of the score card, but I'm sure it is a good car and don't doubt that it excelled in the superiority and affordability categories. Of the cars they tested, I would have liked to see the LS460 or S550 win because they are more significant than the Camry to me, but I know they factor in affordability, so I'm sure that's why they didn't win.

Idk, it says it on the reservation Camry-GREEN, but i doubt it. They probably have Ford Five Hundreds waiting for him. <_< He's dreaming it will be a hybrid camry, but we'll see. :D
A Camry Hybrid wouldn't be too far of a reach considering we've had a Prius rental before. ;) We just requested [whatever class they call a Prius], and that's what they gave us.

Well I guess it was just a tactic Hertz uses to lure you into renting from them.

Sorry to say, but I don't remember what magazine it was that the LS460L lost! It lost to the BMW 750LI, S550, Jaguar (dont remember which one, not familiar with Jag line-up), and forgot the 5th one, maybe an Infiniti. Out of the 5 they tested, LS460L came in 5th place! I think the S550 or the 750Li came first. I was totally disappointed when i read that. :(

Sorry to say, but I don't remember what magazine it was that the LS460L lost! It lost to the BMW 750LI, S550, Jaguar (dont remember which one, not familiar with Jag line-up), and forgot the 5th one, maybe an Infiniti. Out of the 5 they tested, LS460L came in 5th place! I think the S550 or the 750Li came first. I was totally disappointed when i read that. :(
I remember that article (Someone scanned it on CL.). I wasn't surprised after hearing that Lexus came in last place. Lexus cars are just not meant for competitions in which the winner is mostly based on who is the sportiest of the group.

I really like the Jag XJ8 (I like looking at it at least! haha); I'm sure it's because of the "J gate" and hood ornament. lol Not to mention you could buy one from 1982 and have it mistaken for a 2005 model because they've stayed with a similar style for a very, very long time! LOL