Battery Replacement & Gps Addresses?

cenwesi

Hi Guys, I tried starting the car the other day '02 ls430 after a long trip and it won't start. Measured the battery voltage and it was 11.xx. Ended up jumping it and it started. Warmed it up and turned it off. Measured the voltage again and it is 12.78. Started it and it started fine. I know the battery is dying and i don't want no surprise when i go out and can't start the car..... Battery is the Original one that came with the car still has the Lexus dealership tag on it.

My question is this. The Wife and I have marked points for the GPS. We really don't want to loose all these addresses if you know what i mean. I want to replace the battery this weekend and is there a way to save the addresses. I am afraid if i pull the battery i will loose all my addresses?

I've heard about, but not used, a tool that plugs a 9V battery cell (protected by a diode, so power only flows from the 9V battery) into a power point. Obviously the power point must be one that is constantly connected to the car's battery. The claim is that 9V is generally enough to keep the memories alive in the various electronics. Good luck!

You could probably also make something with Radio Shack parts that could be attached directly to the car battery cables, just be sure you correctly diode protect the 9V battery or it might explode.