Yet Another Bluetooth Question

Noob here, I did search but couldnt find a few things.

Can you make the bluetooth surround sound? Mine just comes out of the front left speaker.

Also, will the name display on the nav screen if you do the import from your phones phonebook? I manually entered a few names and numbers and all I get is the #, and only when not in motion, which sucks.

thanks in advance.

BTW - I have the 07 IS 250 AWD w/navi.

• 3 months later...

safety feature: while in motion the number doesnt come up. if the number is in your phone book, it will show the name while driving.

so basically if yoiu are driving and someone who is not in your phonebook calls you will see nothing

agreed its annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

safety feature: while in motion the number doesnt come up. if the number is in your phone book, it will show the name while driving.

so basically if yoiu are driving and someone who is not in your phonebook calls you will see nothing

agreed its annoying.

There are other strings that are discussing the lock out problem and possible ways around it. You can always just dial with your phone, though I find that it doesn't come out the speakers until after the person picks up that way. also, the system is set up to just have the phone, driving directions, etc come out of the drivers front speaker. as far as I know, there isn't any way to change that.

agreed its annoying.

There are other strings that are discussing the lock out problem and possible ways around it. You can always just dial with your phone, though I find that it doesn't come out the speakers until after the person picks up that way. also, the system is set up to just have the phone, driving directions, etc come out of the drivers front speaker. as far as I know, there isn't any way to change that.

Hmm, i have bluetooth transferred my adress book but when a call comes in it only says "incoming call" though the number is loaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Noob here, I did search but couldnt find a few things.

Can you make the bluetooth surround sound? Mine just comes out of the front left speaker.

Also, will the name display on the nav screen if you do the import from your phones phonebook? I manually entered a few names and numbers and all I get is the #, and only when not in motion, which sucks.

thanks in advance.

BTW - I have the 07 IS 250 AWD w/navi.

as far as the phone number/name thing goes. when i imported my phone #s to the navigation system, they all imported w/o the leading 1. in order for the name of the person calling to show up, i had to add the leading 1 to the phone # in the navigation system.

hope that helps.