Dash Board Creeking

Iv'e got a 2006 IS350 and have noticed that when traveling on a "not perfectly smooth" freeway, my dash starts to make creaking sounds like pastics that aren't secured tightly. It seems to be coming from right above my two front air vents in the center of the dash. It is very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's still under warranty but I am hesitant in taking it in for fear of making the problem worse. Can they even fix something like this?

Thanks.:wacko:

Iv'e got a 2006 IS350 and have noticed that when traveling on a "not perfectly smooth" freeway, my dash starts to make creaking sounds like pastics that aren't secured tightly. It seems to be coming from right above my two front air vents in the center of the dash. It is very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's still under warranty but I am hesitant in taking it in for fear of making the problem worse. Can they even fix something like this?

I had the same problem with my 2006 GS300. The dealer were able to fix the problem. Now, I'm having a rattle in the seat-belt tension and the driver door.

Good Luck.

This has been complained about before on the forum. However, I have the same problem as you now, and I didn't have it before. Yes, the joys of owning new cars.........I am afraid, also, to complain about it for obvious reasons.......

OK I thought Lexus was meant to be quality……… maybe I had one too many beers :blink:

Why would anyone be afraid of complaining….. I did last time and I got my whole bumper replaced and repainted on this damage :whistles: see link below:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...his+be+a+defect

Now I have a rattling noise on my left side door……as well as a creaking noise from the moon roof……….. woo the list grows.

I have only done 3k on the car!

*bleep* when I hit my first service I am getting them fixed.

I did however buy the dealer an expensive bottle of red as a token of appreciation when I first bought the car..... B) .....strategic!

BTW - Anyone know of how to take apart the door?

:P

OK I thought Lexus was meant to be quality……… maybe I had one too many beers :blink:

Why would anyone be afraid of complaining….. I did last time and I got my whole bumper replaced and repainted on this damage :whistles: see link below:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...his+be+a+defect

Now I have a rattling noise on my left side door……as well as a creaking noise from the moon roof……….. woo the list grows.

I have only done 3k on the car!

*bleep* when I hit my first service I am getting them fixed.

I did however buy the dealer an expensive bottle of red as a token of appreciation when I first bought the car..... B) .....strategic!

BTW - Anyone know of how to take apart the door?

:P

I'm afraid to complain about it, because it means taking apart the dash on my car........

• 3 weeks later...

There's a Technical Service Bulletin out titled, "Instrument Panel Rattle." The TSB # is NV003-06. It's pretty involved and requires disassembly of the dashboard. tsbI've also discovered that the plastic trim piece that sits in the center (and top) of the dash rattles. This piece looks like a speaker grill but it's only there to cover a hole that probably has something to do with the factory assembly. The kick panels underneath the dash in the footwells tend to rattle too.

There's a Technical Service Bulletin out titled, "Instrument Panel Rattle." The TSB # is NV003-06. It's pretty involved and requires disassembly of the dashboard. tsbI've also discovered that the plastic trim piece that sits in the center (and top) of the dash rattles. This piece looks like a speaker grill but it's only there to cover a hole that probably has something to do with the factory assembly. The kick panels underneath the dash in the footwells tend to rattle too.

That actually is a speaker grill, but is only housing a speaker if you opted for the Mark Levinson stereo option.

I see that you posted this in the Dash Popping thread as well.

Any idea if this addresses both problems, or just the dash rattle?

I didn't think they knew the cause of the mysterious popping noise.

As for rattles, I test drove the IS250 AWD on some bumpy back roads and the dash rattled like crazy, but I thought it was coming from the glove box.

The sales manager who came for the ride with me opened the glove box, also looking for the rattle, but found no cause.

I have heard of others complaining about rattles from the speaker grill though.

My IS350 is in the shop RIGHT NOW for the 4th time trying to fix a rattle in the dash, and I have just over 3k miles. I'm so mad right now. They keep saying "we think we fixed it" and the damn thing rattles before I get home. :( I'm VERY unimpressed with Lexus at this point. When I test drove it I heard the rattle and when I told my sales rep he said "a Lexus doesn't rattle". BS. Then he said if it did they would fix it, but here I am with a loaner for the 4th time in month. :chairshot:

I noticed my 350 creaking in the dash right over the navi / upper center vents, car has 59 miles on it, but I was on my way back to the dealer for snowtires when I noticed it. I complained right away and they took the dash apart that day, and wrapped the assembly with felt to stop the "plastic on plastic noise" so far so good

My IS350 is in the shop RIGHT NOW for the 4th time trying to fix a rattle in the dash, and I have just over 3k miles. I'm so mad right now. They keep saying "we think we fixed it" and the damn thing rattles before I get home. :( I'm VERY unimpressed with Lexus at this point. When I test drove it I heard the rattle and when I told my sales rep he said "a Lexus doesn't rattle". BS. Then he said if it did they would fix it, but here I am with a loaner for the 4th time in month. :chairshot:

Tell them to do that bulletin. It's the felt in the dash stuff. It totally took away the rattle in my dash!!

That's funny...my SUBARU doesn't have ANY rattles ( yet anyway ;))

Now if my wife's IS starts getting rattles....well, I wouldn't want to be the service advisor when she takes it in....

Come on, for 35K plus you gotta put up with rattles? NO WAY! Make 'em fix it. Not acceptable. If you have to, go higher up until you get it fixed!

My IS350 is in the shop RIGHT NOW for the 4th time trying to fix a rattle in the dash, and I have just over 3k miles. I'm so mad right now. They keep saying "we think we fixed it" and the damn thing rattles before I get home. :( I'm VERY unimpressed with Lexus at this point. When I test drove it I heard the rattle and when I told my sales rep he said "a Lexus doesn't rattle". BS. Then he said if it did they would fix it, but here I am with a loaner for the 4th time in month.:chairshot:

Tell them to do that bulletin. It's the felt in the dash stuff. It totally took away the rattle in my dash!!

They tell me they did the service bulletin but that didn't solve the problem. Very vexing. I paid around $45k for this car fully loaded, and I expect better. Heck, they sell these cars on being quiet! From what I've been told, this is a common problem with this new body style. Not good...

• 2 months later...

I just picked up my brand new IS 250 5 days ago and today I noticed this creaking as well. Mine, however, seems to be coming from under the dash on the driver's side.

I don't know if temperature has anything to do with it (I know it shouldn't) , but it's been under 20 degrees here for the past 2 days. So, I'm going to wait a day or so and see if the noise continues. Right now I'm bummed though - my first "high-end" car and didn't think I'd have to deal with something like this. We'll see...

• 4 weeks later...

I will be bringing mine in for the 2nd time to have it fixed. After brought it home from the first attempt, I found a loose clip on the floor of the car :o

My IS350 is in the shop RIGHT NOW for the 4th time trying to fix a rattle in the dash, and I have just over 3k miles. I'm so mad right now. They keep saying "we think we fixed it" and the damn thing rattles before I get home. :( I'm VERY unimpressed with Lexus at this point. When I test drove it I heard the rattle and when I told my sales rep he said "a Lexus doesn't rattle". BS. Then he said if it did they would fix it, but here I am with a loaner for the 4th time in month.:chairshot: