Service At Lexus Of Portland

I had my first oil change at Lexus of Portland this week and they did a very good job. Much to my surprise they noticed that my 3M scotch guard mask was not done well so they had a new mask put on the hood and mirror. In addition, when I got my XM Radio they originally mounted the antenna on the rear part of the trunk and today then removed it and installed the XM into the fin in the hood.

They told me that with the 2007's the XM should be done in the Fin and on of the younger installers did the trunk in error. Thank you Lexus of Portland! ;)

I had my first oil change at Lexus of Portland this week and they did a very good job. Much to my surprise they noticed that my 3M scotch guard mask was not done well so they had a new mask put on the hood and mirror. In addition, when I got my XM Radio they originally mounted the antenna on the rear part of the trunk and today then removed it and installed the XM into the fin in the hood.

They told me that with the 2007's the XM should be done in the Fin and on of the younger installers did the trunk in error. Thank you Lexus of Portland! ;)

Hi,

Nice to hear a story about good service... BTW, what is the "3M scotch guard mask" that you refer to? I assume it's to protect against rock damage, etc. Is it easily removable/replaceable, visible?

Cheers,

RJM

The 3M Scotch Guard is a high impact clear adhesive material that is custom applied to the full nose of the car. The side front panels by the head lights, installed on both the mirror's in the front and inside all four of the handles to keep key, ring and finger scratches from getting on the pait. It lasts about 5 years and can be re-done as well. It costs from $895 - $1150 depending on who you have do it. Lexus marks it up about 30% but they make sure it's right and will keep putting it back on if for any reason you are not happy or if it should ever come loose for 4 years or 48,000 miles.

This also protects your paint from UV effects over time as well. Below is a link to the product. Good Luck ...

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...=AbcPageHandler

The 3M Scotch Guard is a high impact clear adhesive material that is custom applied to the full nose of the car. The side front panels by the head lights, installed on both the mirror's in the front and inside all four of the handles to keep key, ring and finger scratches from getting on the pait. It lasts about 5 years and can be re-done as well. It costs from $895 - $1150 depending on who you have do it. Lexus marks it up about 30% but they make sure it's right and will keep putting it back on if for any reason you are not happy or if it should ever come loose for 4 years or 48,000 miles.

This also protects your paint from UV effects over time as well. Below is a link to the product. Good Luck ...

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...=AbcPageHandler

Thanks very much for all the info... will take a look at the provided link.

Best regards,

RJM