New To The Forum And Sc300

b.masterson

Hello all my name is Ben and I'm new to the forum and to the beautiful lexus sc300. I have a white 1996 model with 171,000 miles on it which i purchased for only $500 which as you all know is an absolute steal. The reason the car was such a low price was because A. My neighbor is a nice guy and B. It needs a good amount of work and hes not the car-tech type of guy. He went on and on about the list of things it needed and he just wanted to get rid of it and start out fresh. He basiclly told me he didnt want to deal with the problems. He also said that before this, he had no problems with the car and he is the original owner. I trust him because hes been my neighbor for years now and ive been eye-balling that thing ever since it landed in his driveway. So basically it needs a battery, a starter, a clutch (Its a 5sp by the way), headlight bulbs, cat converter and some tires down the road. Well, I looked up all these parts online and came up with a whopping total of $720. So pretty much I got this beaut for $1220. After I install all the parts necessary to get it running, I will give the entire engine a tune-up because it is a high mileage car and as most of you know it is always good to perform basic car maintence before installing aftermarket parts. So after that I plan to give a nice fresh paintjob, wheels and of course drop it like its hawt. I plan to upgrade this car one mod at a time because im alittle tight on the cash right now. Ill keep you guys posted on the car as updates are being made. Check her out:

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

-Cheers, Ben :cheers:

Hello all my name is Ben and I'm new to the forum and to the beautiful lexus sc300. I have a white 1996 model with 171,000 miles on it which i purchased for only $500 which as you all know is an absolute steal. The reason the car was such a low price was because A. My neighbor is a nice guy and B. It needs a good amount of work and hes not the car-tech type of guy. He went on and on about the list of things it needed and he just wanted to get rid of it and start out fresh. He basiclly told me he didnt want to deal with the problems. He also said that before this, he had no problems with the car and he is the original owner. I trust him because hes been my neighbor for years now and ive been eye-balling that thing ever since it landed in his driveway. So basically it needs a battery, a starter, a clutch (Its a 5sp by the way), headlight bulbs, cat converter and some tires down the road. Well, I looked up all these parts online and came up with a whopping total of $720. So pretty much I got this beaut for $1220. After I install all the parts necessary to get it running, I will give the entire engine a tune-up because it is a high mileage car and as most of you know it is always good to perform basic car maintence before installing aftermarket parts. So after that I plan to give a nice fresh paintjob, wheels and of course drop it like its hawt. I plan to upgrade this car one mod at a time because im alittle tight on the cash right now. Ill keep you guys posted on the car as updates are being made. Check her out:

You're insanely lucky!!! The paint job lucks good to me, as does the interior. I know you'll have a blast.

You're insanely lucky!!! The paint job lucks good to me, as does the interior. I know you'll have a blast.

Great deal, You'll love the car for a long time. :cheers:

Yea the white paint does look good but im thinking about painting it midnight blue or maybe a blue thats alittle lighter then that. Quick update: I've installed the headlight bulbs, battery and starter and I think I'm going to finish the rest this weekend so ill let you guys know.

-Cheers, Ben

Yea the white paint does look good but im thinking about painting it midnight blue or maybe a blue thats alittle lighter then that. Quick update: I've installed the headlight bulbs, battery and starter and I think I'm going to finish the rest this weekend so ill let you guys know.

-Cheers, Ben

Nice car. Im jealous you have a 5 spd. :)

• 2 weeks later...