How Often Do You Check Engine Oil And/or Tire Pressure?

coolwater

Okay, I confess that I haven't pulled out the engine oil dip-stick nor checked tire pressure myself for more than a year now. :unsure:

How often do you check engine oil and/or tire pressure?

Everytime I fill my car with gas all fluids are checked along with the tire pressure. Just a good habit to get into. ;)

You are driving LEXUS.

Between oil change, I never do check oil level.

Tire pressure, why not @ discount tire.

Thanks,

Why does driving a Lexus mean you shouldn't check the oil level and tire pressure?

Lexus doesn't make tires, and checking the oil level is simply something a car owner should do to inspect it for wear and level.

^^ Exactly Steve. It's routine maintenance every car owner should do (i.e. check oil and tire pressure). Oil check takes no more than a minute to do, and to check the tire pressure, get yourself either a manual read-out gauge or one of those digital gauges (which I have that's also a key chain). You can find these gauges anywhere you go, even in a supermarket.

Weekly, but I have a compressor @ the house, and a really nice intigrated tire pressure dial gauge / filler so. No big deal for me.

AFA the oil. I tend to check it every week, or so after I park & have a second. Just put an old clean rag in the corner of the engine bay. Swear to god you'll check your fluid levels 9,376 times more often if you know you won't get your hands dirty in the process!

And anytime you do the oil. Leave the engine idling & check the transmission fluid first!

I'm bigger on transmission checking than oil. For no other reason than at somepoint every village idiot will change the oil. Most won't touch the transmission fluid LoL!

I admit that I don't check oil and tire pressure on a regular basis. That said, My 96 with 105,000 miles has never lost a drop of oil or a pound of tire pressure. I have the oil changed every 4,000 miles or so. I may be wrong but I attribute the tire pressure to the metal valve stems which are screwed on the tire rims.

Ed