Rear Navigation Controls ... Kids Lost The Remote

Galanty

So the kids lost the rear entertainment remote on my 2004 GX 470. :chairshot:

Is there a way to view the movie on the rear screen with out the remote.

Anyone found a replacement option? Dealer asking $380 for a replacement remote? Ouch!!! :angry:

Thanks,

Mark

Ajbolit got it. You can not do anything with the RSES or RSAS w/o the remote. Sucks. Once my remote's battery was dead, and I couldn't use the remote in the back and couldnt get anything out of the rear audio. <_<

I have an extra used one.

And no - you wouldn't be able to watch the movie on the back screen without the remote.

You would think there is some programable remote that could be programed for this car ....

Ajbolit

Are you willing to sell your "extra used one"?

Thanks,

Mark

So the kids lost the rear entertainment remote on my 2004 GX 470. :chairshot:

Anyone found a replacement option? Dealer asking $380 for a replacement remote? Ouch!!! :angry:

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have a 2006 GX and I can activate the RSES without the remote by re-inserting the DVD into the DVD player. Have you tried this?

Antonio.

So the kids lost the rear entertainment remote on my 2004 GX 470.:chairshot:

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have a 2006 GX and I can activate the RSES without the remote by re-inserting the DVD into the DVD player. Have you tried this?

Antonio.

Thanks for your post ....

I thought there was some way it worked back there without the remote.

So you have the rear monitor down and just insert the DVD and it will play in the back?

I'll try it, let me know if there is any other method ...

It worked! :cheers:

To view a DVD on the rear entertainment screen with out a remote:

1. Turn on Car

2. Choose "I accept" on front Nav. system.

3. Drop down Rear Entertainment Screen

4. Insert DVD and play from Drivers Screen.

Note: Requires reinserting DVD each and every time you restart the car ...

This gives control back to driver, which is best when you perform the DVD override mod.

Thanks Antonio.

1. Turn on Car

This gives control back to driver, which is best when you perform the DVD override mod.

Thanks Antonio.

You're welcome Mark. Glad it worked for you.

Antonio.

• 6 months later...

1. Turn on Car

Thanks Antonio.

You're welcome Mark. Glad it worked for you.

Antonio.

Hey guys. Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is soooo frustrating for me.

I have small kids that are too little to work the remote, and cannot describe to me what it is that they see on the screen so that I have an idea of how to troubleshoot from the front seat.

I've tried the "recipe" of steps described above, and here is where I get stuck....

1.) Turn on car

2.) Accept navigation system warning

3.) Open DVD screen

4.) Insert DVD

Nothing happens at this point, until I hit the Disc key a couple of times to bring up the DVD control screen on the front panel.

From here, I can advance through the tracks on the DVD - but the problem is - on the Screen in the back, there is a warning message that covers most of the screen, and requires me to use the remote to select the "ok" to clear it away.

I've tried to coach my kids into recognizing this so that they can tell me what it is when it comes up and prevents them from seeing it, but I guess its too advance of a concept for them at the moment.

This is usually just something that I, out of an attempt to get lucky - just hit the enter button on the remote in hopes that it clears it away, but when you are on the road, you just can't do a back-bend from the front seat to find out why your kids are screaming because they are looking at the DVD menu, a player menu, or some warning message from the car itself.

Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else find a work around? I'm thinking that there has to be a way of clearing all messages from the front panel. Right?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is soooo frustrating for me.

I have small kids that are too little to work the remote, and cannot describe to me what it is that they see on the screen so that I have an idea of how to troubleshoot from the front seat.

I've tried the "recipe" of steps described above, and here is where I get stuck....

1.) Turn on car

2.) Accept navigation system warning

3.) Open DVD screen

4.) Insert DVD

Nothing happens at this point, until I hit the Disc key a couple of times to bring up the DVD control screen on the front panel.

From here, I can advance through the tracks on the DVD - but the problem is - on the Screen in the back, there is a warning message that covers most of the screen, and requires me to use the remote to select the "ok" to clear it away.

I've tried to coach my kids into recognizing this so that they can tell me what it is when it comes up and prevents them from seeing it, but I guess its too advance of a concept for them at the moment.

This is usually just something that I, out of an attempt to get lucky - just hit the enter button on the remote in hopes that it clears it away, but when you are on the road, you just can't do a back-bend from the front seat to find out why your kids are screaming because they are looking at the DVD menu, a player menu, or some warning message from the car itself.

Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else find a work around? I'm thinking that there has to be a way of clearing all messages from the front panel. Right?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

When the truck is in park, pull up the parking break and press picture on the DVD control screen. This should let you hit OK from the front screen. I havent got a remote yet, so this is the only thing that works for me. Good luck!

• 3 years later...
  • 9 years later...

I just bought a 2004 gx470 and am trying to get the rear dvd to work for the grand kids. Whenever I insert a dvd, the rear screen show the intro but also has a DVD Hint screen on it that says touch the front screen or to hit the cursor on the remote.  I'm not sure if the remote works but which screen do I touch on the front screen?  If I have to be on the dvd screen on the front, how do I get to that screen on the front?

Thanks,

Bob