2007 Gx Pricing

Hitech

I am considering of buying 2007 GX but I am not sure if it makes sense to wait another 4 to 6 months to get better price. Time is not a constraint here as there is no urgency.

I have seen in some of the posts that some people got their 2006 model for invoice price. I would like to get similar kind of deal for 2007 because I don't have an immediate need.

The question is, do I have to wait until 2008s arrive to meet my expectation or early drop in price is a possibility.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I paid way less than msrp.. only 2g's above wholesale on my 2007. year end seems to be good.

That's probably cause you got your GX during the Lexus December to Remember. I've noticed that even though the vehicles on car lots are now 07s, they are a little cheaper, probably to entice consumers to buy. I noticed that especially with the 07 4Runners. They are a bit cheaper than what they were back in summer 06. Probably a "holiday deal" for everything.

Not to be off topic, but even my cellphone was on sale. A Treo 680 costs way less than the old Treo 650. Weird, isn't it but it's true.

That's probably cause you got your GX during the Lexus December to Remember. I've noticed that even though the vehicles on car lots are now 07s, they are a little cheaper, probably to entice consumers to buy. I noticed that especially with the 07 4Runners. They are a bit cheaper than what they were back in summer 06. Probably a "holiday deal" for everything.

You are right on... they took lots off before I even got into the true negotiating. By the way, I like the chrome wheels on your GX... nice.

You are right on... they took lots off before I even got into the true negotiating. By the way, I like the chrome wheels on your GX... nice.

Wait were you talking about my GX? Or are you talking about my 4Runner's rims? I only have regular alloys on the GX. ;) Maybe you're referring to my 4Runner's chrome.

4Runner rims

DSC00938-1.jpg

GX rims

DSC00919.jpg

Wait were you talking about my GX? Or are you talking about my 4Runner's rims? I only have regular alloys on the GX. ;) Maybe you're referring to my 4Runner's chrome.

4Runner rims

DSC00938-1.jpg

GX rims

DSC00919.jpg

sorry, i thought you were the person from the chrome wheel thread... my bad.

• 4 months later...

Picked up our new '07 Savannah Metallic GX last night from a local dealer for invoice, which was $46k. It came with the Nav/Audio package, 3rd row seat with rear air, towing prep package, preferred package, cargo tray and exhaust tip. MSRP was $53k.

Originally we were going to go through Longo Lexus in L.A. after being referred to them by AAA's Car Buying Program. That's where they told us they'll sell it under this program for invoice and not a dollar over.

We went to the local Lexus dealer and told them we could buy it through the AAA program and asked if they'd match it. He pulled out a form with the AAA logo on where it said they'd sell it for $1300 over invoice, but that he would sell it for "only" $1000 over invoice.

I told him of Longo's deal, he went and supposedly talked to someone and came back, said they'd do the sale "at invoice".

So we're a couple of happy first-time Lexus owners now!

JOHN

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - great deal! I am interested in the same model with same options, different color. Dealer just made offer of almost $50K, only $3500 off MSRP. After the holiday I will counter with a lower amount.

I have done research trying to figure out if there is anything new for 2008, since I am in no rush. I can't seem to find out much at all.

- sbj

Try AAA, Costco or possibly Sams Club "Auto Buying Program".

Wow - great deal! I am interested in the same model with same options, different color. Dealer just made offer of almost $50K, only $3500 off MSRP. After the holiday I will counter with a lower amount.

I have done research trying to figure out if there is anything new for 2008, since I am in no rush. I can't seem to find out much at all.

- sbj

Hello sbj,

I am also in the same boat. Want to see 2008 changes but not able to find any info. Can wait and there is no rush. Please let me know if you find anything about 2008.

Also considering new X5 but so far analysis suggests it is a piece of junk with several reliablity problems.

• 1 month later...
Hello sbj,

I am also in the same boat. Want to see 2008 changes but not able to find any info. Can wait and there is no rush. Please let me know if you find anything about 2008.

Also considering new X5 but so far analysis suggests it is a piece of junk with several reliablity problems.

Does anyone have a suggestion on Atlanta dealers who will actually "deal" on a new GX? The best I can do is about $48,500, while in FL I can get it for $47,100 (sticker $53,400 with nav only - no dvd). Don't really want to drive, but...

Also, any "rumors" about what the August promotion will be?

Thanks!

Hello sbj,

Does anyone have a suggestion on Atlanta dealers who will actually "deal" on a new GX? The best I can do is about $48,500, while in FL I can get it for $47,100 (sticker $53,400 with nav only - no dvd). Don't really want to drive, but...

Thanks!

Hi mydogsmooch,

As you know, there are at least 3 dealers within the 10-15 miles of Atlanta areas (namely: South Atlanta, Nalley, Hennessy) so you do have the power to have them compete for your business.

Since the amount of holdbacks on this particular model is quite high (~ $1500) for the dealers as well as slowing sales on these old lineup V8 SUVs, I would start out @ $46k (~ invoice, still at least $1000 profits for the dealer after paying $250-300 commission to the sale rep) and work my way up to my (max) target price of 46.5k (or $46.7k, "We agreed to meet you in the middle" if the dealer holds out at $47k). Do ask to see the invoice & starting your neg. DOWNWARD and be firm in pricing your "final" offer. Do also ask for their best offer "before we're going to XYZ dealer" in the area. One other thing: Print out a carsdirect.com (free quote) price ~ $47.5k changes daily, w/ the same MSRP; take it with you and start from there DOWNWARD.

FYI: I have bought mine in CA, fully loaded, recently for $43.7 (before tax & lic) during the "special" manufacturer to dealer incemtives promotion (~ $2500 incentives to the dealers). That promotion may come again in either late Aug/Nov this year (check w/ carsdirect.com web page for details).

Lastly, I wouldn't buy any brand new re-designed model in 2008 even it is Lexus since there are always new "bugs" needed to be worked out in these for the first 9-18mos in production (I have learned it the hard way - twice: first in the LS400 and second in the ES350).

Hope it helps!

IM220__

Hello sbj,

Thanks!

Hi mydogsmooch,

As you know, there are at least 3 dealers within the 10-15 miles of Atlanta areas (namely: South Atlanta, Nalley, Hennessy) so you do have the power to have them compete for your business.

Since the amount of holdbacks on this particular model is quite high (~ $1500) for the dealers as well as slowing sales on these old lineup V8 SUVs, I would start out @ $46k (~ invoice, still at least $1000 profits for the dealer after paying $250-300 commission to the sale rep) and work my way up to my (max) target price of 46.5k (or $46.7k, "We agreed to meet you in the middle" if the dealer holds out at $47k). Do ask to see the invoice & starting your neg. DOWNWARD and be firm in pricing your "final" offer. Do also ask for their best offer "before we're going to XYZ dealer" in the area. One other thing: Print out a carsdirect.com (free quote) price ~ $47.5k changes daily, w/ the same MSRP; take it with you and start from there DOWNWARD.

FYI: I have bought mine in CA, fully loaded, recently for $43.7 (before tax & lic) during the "special" manufacturer to dealer incemtives promotion (~ $2500 incentives to the dealers). That promotion may come again in either late Aug/Nov this year (check w/ carsdirect.com web page for details).

Lastly, I wouldn't buy any brand new re-designed model in 2008 even it is Lexus since there are always new "bugs" needed to be worked out in these for the first 9-18mos in production (I have learned it the hard way - twice: first in the LS400 and second in the ES350).

Hope it helps!

IM220__

This helps a lot! I'm so frustrated - I've spoken to every single location in Atlanta, even talked to the GM in South Atlanta since I get my '03 serviced there. He told me that there weren't that many in Atlanta, and everyone was "probably" holding firm since they knew the promo was coming up, and they could sell a lot during that time. I got $48k from Nalley in Marietta, but cannot get anyone to budge another penny (and it's not fully loaded like yours). I will check carsdirect.com for the incentives next week, but if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Can I ask what trim level I should expect for $47.5k? We're looking at the "mid-level" package which includes the Mark Levinson sound and navi but not DVD. I can't find anyone in my area (TX) to take below $50k for this model. Also, as career Toyota buyers this is our first Lexus purchase. So far, I'm not feeling much love from the salespeople. I know these are high-end cars but I still expect salespeople to appreciate that I'm willing to lay out $50k for a car. Do I need to get over that?

Thanks,

Moemoe