Maximum Digits For Telephone Entry

I would like to enter my work Phone Mail Number - Extension - Passcode, into the Telephone book, so it dials the base number, pauses, dials my extension, pauses then dials the passcode. I have this done on my Cell Phone, yet the Phonebook in my IS250 does not recognize the "Pause" and limits the number of digits I can enter. I can not locate and info in the Owners or NAV manual on how many digits the Phonebook will accept for a single entry. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get more information?

Thanks.

i have never heard of a phone that can pause...what button is that on the pad?

i think a simple "go into your car and push as many numbers it will allow" will tell you how many digits it can dial. Im assuming there is no digit. I think the problem is the "pause" your trying to make it work. Im guessing it will do what a regular cell phone can do.

i have never heard of a phone that can pause...what button is that on the pad?

i think a simple "go into your car and push as many numbers it will allow" will tell you how many digits it can dial. Im assuming there is no digit. I think the problem is the "pause" your trying to make it work. Im guessing it will do what a regular cell phone can do.

On SonyEricsson phones the button is 7, press 7 long enough and it will become a "p"

that is the pause

so check with your phone's manual, because i think nokias and samsungs may be different

so to log into voicemailbox 2211 at number 555-1234 with password of 1234, the number would be

1(212)555-1234p2211p1234

no other key presses will be required once the phone starts dialing

i will go try that on the IS now, will report back when I come back from dinner

update: the IS nav didnt take the additional characters. and the keyboard doesnt show up when its calling a number saved within the phone book, so there's no way to enter the other numbers.

• 4 months later...
I would like to enter my work Phone Mail Number - Extension - Passcode, into the Telephone book, so it dials the base number, pauses, dials my extension, pauses then dials the passcode. I have this done on my Cell Phone, yet the Phonebook in my IS250 does not recognize the "Pause" and limits the number of digits I can enter. I can not locate and info in the Owners or NAV manual on how many digits the Phonebook will accept for a single entry. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get more information?

Thanks.

Did you ever get this to work? I'm having the same problem...when I program a pause the system only dials the 7 digit number...Help!!!!