300es Sludge

grand lexus

OK. I just took my Lexus into the local Toyota dealer (the nearest Lexus dealer is about 300 miles from here). The mechanic took off the oil filler cap, swiped his finger inside and said: yep, you've got sludge.

He also said I would need all my oil change records, which I don't have. Am I out of luck or should I make the 300 mile (600 round trip) journey to my 'local' Lexus dealer?

OK. I just took my Lexus into the local Toyota dealer (the nearest Lexus dealer is about 300 miles from here). The mechanic took off the oil filler cap, swiped his finger inside and said: yep, you've got sludge.

He also said I would need all my oil change records, which I don't have. Am I out of luck or should I make the 300 mile (600 round trip) journey to my 'local' Lexus dealer?

Do you have any oil change records since you have owned the vehicle? Did you buy the car new or used?

They won't do anything unless the engine fails, and the extended warranty on them is nearing an end.

Just start flushing the oil system. Diesel fuel is king for speed. I'd say seafoam, or something like an old stand-by like marvel myster oil.

Just do afew flushes. You'll clean it right up & be better than new.

I've posted directions before. Diesel is the cheapest & works the fastest (Which means it's the best in my book, since it's that much sooner till restored oil-flow if it's bad.). Just heed the specific direction of letting it ONLY idle (no revving, no driving) if you do it.

If you go to a Toyota/lexus dealer. Most of them I know just buy cans of BG & stuff that in there for a flush. So don't think for an isntant that any mechanic, or dealer has some super special flushing machine that'll clean it out. :)

Just flush it afew times. You'll be fine & dandy.

Do you have any oil change records since you have owned the vehicle? Did you buy the car new or used?

I have some records. I bought it used. Worked fine for 10,000 miles, then the oil consupmtion started. It is ata 108,000 now.