Mechanical Is Key

Sorry . the last post got messed up.

my question is can you make a copy of the mechanical key at home depot or is it a special key that only lexus can cut. i like to have an extra key in my case just in case the valet locks the remote in the car or whatever.

Sorry . the last post got messed up.

my question is can you make a copy of the mechanical key at home depot or is it a special key that only lexus can cut. i like to have an extra key in my case just in case the valet locks the remote in the car or whatever.

Don't know about copies, but when you leave your car with a valet, you should keep the mechanical key, and give the valet only the remote. (First, lock the trunk release with the button in the glove box, then lock the glove box with the mechanical key.) Also, I don't think the valet (or you) can lock the remote in the vehicle. The car will beep at you, and won't lock the door. (Salesman tried to lock mine while the second remote was inside. I suppose it may be possible to lock it some other way, though.)