Freakin Door Dings!

Man, I HATE DOOR DINGS! How come I can have my car for over a year and everything looks just like brand new and now in the past 3 weeks I get 5 door dings! I got two mutherf**kas today!!

I wasn't really sweatin the first two that I got recently but on Tuesday I come outside and I have a big !Removed! dent on my hood...so I chalk that one up to kids playing or something and I figure I have to go to the dent shop now.... Well today I go out to pick up a CD and I come from Best Buy and I have 2 little dings on my rear passenger side. I'm like DAMN! but oh well, I was gonna go to the dent shop anyway...but then I head over to Home Depot and I park far away from any other cars so I don't get any more and what happens when I come out??? There's two freakin shopping carts right up against my rear fender....and I'm not talking about those !Removed! !Removed! little carts from the grocery store...I'm talking about big !Removed! industrial size carts that you use to haul wood and !Removed!...so I immediatly start cursing and pull the carts away to see the damage...a 2 inch long ding with a little paint smudge!!! What a way to ruin a freakin perfect Saturday!!! :angry::angry::angry:

*&*%$##@&*$^-$#@$#!!!!! I'm MAD... :chairshot:

Oh well, I had to vent....

No doubt, the DentWizard peeps are good. I just used them on my Ac a few weeks ago.

I can feel your frustration bro', .......it totally sucks!!!! The hauling carts up against your right certainly must've made you blow your top, especially when you do what you can to prevent that crap!

Sorry bro!

I too feel your pain :( . Fortunateky I only have 2 dings and a blemish after 3 years(could be worse). The dings are still there and the blemish is all but waxed out."What really *BLEEP*es me off is when you park your car away from everyone elses and when you return there is some old !Removed! piece of !Removed! car(usually a long old !Removed! regal or cadillac with those long !Removed! doors) parked right by yours when there is 20 other open spots :angry: !" Upon arrival I do an imediate inspection. Or what about whenn you park(still away from other cars) and before you can even get out your car a van pulls up full of kids ready to swing the door open.

lol...that happened to me the other day in walmart!!!i parked away from everything and there was spots everywere but here comes a dodge caravan filled with little kids.i immeditly peeled out and found another spot.i only have 2 dings and really unnoticable unless you look real good but they are indeed the most annoying thing to have.

Not to get you up tight...but about 2 weeks after I picked up my car I came out of the club and found two nice creases that someone thought might look nice on my drivers side rear quarter panel (even though I paid to park in a garage with large spots). The problem is, no paintless dent repair here. Been advised that I need to replace that panel, ever looked @ it? Yeah, up over the back door, continue to the front door, what the hell, why don't we go all the way to the hood? You got it, you gotta pay for those smooth lines we all roll. Hopefully you are in better shape than myself man, but I feel your pain.

Who told you you need to replace that panel? Get a second opinion. That actually isn't even a panel, its part of the unibody of the car, its also the roof!. They would need to cut it out with a saw and reweld in another peice, if the damage were that bad. Its not like a fender that gets bolted off and replaced. All they'll do is drill a few holes in the creases, pull them out flush. Then they'll fill and grind the whole area, paint the immediate area and blend to the color, then clearcoat the whole peice. Wont cost more than $500. My dad had the same repair done to his LS.

They're blowing smoke at you. They'll do exactly what I said and charge you $2500 for "replacement of the panel" that doesn't exist.

Well, I went to a Dent/Detail shop today and he looked over my dings and said he could "hook me up" for about $125...so I guess that's not too bad considering. He said its usually $85 a spot but for some reason he could do all of it for $125. I'm still gonna check a couple of more places but hopefully I won't end up paying more than $250 or so.

I'm still mad...this cuts into my suspension upgrade and new wheels/tires money!!! :angry:

I saw this add on TV for this thing that pulls the dings and dents out the car. Anyone else see, it if so does it work?

DO NOT USE THAT! A local news channel here did one of those things where they test a product out to see if it really works or if its just a rip off and that think caused more dents than it fixed. You have to use some sort of glue on your car too...which I'm sure is not good for your paint. Also the dent has to be a "perfect" dent right in the middle of your door or panel or something for it to work properly. STAY AWAY from that crap!!

I saw this add on TV for this thing that pulls the dings and dents out the car. Anyone else see, it if so does it work?

DO NOT USE THAT! A local news channel here did one of those things where they test a product out to see if it really works or if its just a rip off and that think caused more dents than it fixed. You have to use some sort of glue on your car too...which I'm sure is not good for your paint. Also the dent has to be a "perfect" dent right in the middle of your door or panel or something for it to work properly. STAY AWAY from that crap!!

Aight will steer clear :P. Thanx.

• 3 weeks later...