What Happens If...

It would beep really loud when you exited the car, but it would keep running until somebody shut it off.

I had a time that I dropped the car off to a valet, and forgot and took the key with me. They drove it away, but had to get my key in order to bring it back......

It would beep really loud when you exited the car, but it would keep running until somebody shut it off.

I had a time that I dropped the car off to a valet, and forgot and took the key with me. They drove it away, but had to get my key in order to bring it back......

I was hoping that the engine will shut down automatically after 10 minutes or so once it senses that the key is not in proximity of the car.

I think it will keep running til someone shuts it off or it runs out of gas.

The car will run until someone shuts it off. Also, the only warning is on the message center in the dash; no audible warning signal.

My car starts beeping anytime the key leaves it. Funny I didn't hear it that one day........

The car will run until someone shuts it off. Also, the only warning is on the message center in the dash; no audible warning signal.

My car starts beeping anytime the key leaves it. Funny I didn't hear it that one day........

Wow this is so inconsistent! :) So does it beeps or no beeps? :unsure:

Wow this is so inconsistent! :) So does it beeps or no beeps? :unsure:

I often leave my '06 350 running when I get out to check my mail. It definitely beeps 3 times. Doesn't seem a lot louder to me, than other beeps, but by then I'm out of the car. I can hear them, and my hearing has seen better years.

if you take the key with you & leave the engine running 3 things should occur. message on display monitor. beeping inside the car and outside. the beeping outside can be heard despite of the running engine, but is not as loud as a honk.

I was hoping that the engine will shut down automatically after 10 minutes or so once it senses that the key is not in proximity of the car.

I think this is a good idea. It should shutoff after 10 minutes or so. It's too easy to walk off with the key in your pocket.