Spark Plugs

I'm about to do a tune-up including new wires. My import parts supplier wants $8.56 ea for the stock plugs (Laser Platinum). But the Bosh Platinums are going for only $2.50ea.

I have no problem paying the $8.56 for the OEMs if that's the best way to go. But I just wanted to get some input from you guys first. What are some of you using? Any performance or longevity issues with non OEM plugs?

Thanks.

I'm about to do a tune-up including new wires. My import parts supplier wants $8.56 ea for the stock plugs (Laser Platinum). But the Bosh Platinums are going for only $2.50ea.

I have no problem paying the $8.56 for the OEMs if that's the best way to go. But I just wanted to get some input from you guys first. What are some of you using? Any performance or longevity issues with non OEM plugs?

Thanks.

Stay with OEM plugs, These motors are very picky about the plugs. It's worth the xtra $ ;)

Thanks.

Stay with OEM plugs, These motors are very picky about the plugs. It's worth the xtra $ ;)

Will do. Just wanted to know I wasn't tossing $$ out the window with an unnesesary expense.

I use iridium spark plugs. They should be good for about 100,000 mi and are about $6-8/plug. Try ebay or Yahoo and make sure you get the proper gapping. My brand are NGK but Denso plugs are fine although a bit more expensive. They have run fine for the last two years.

Thanks.

I replaced my wires with Bosch wires and platinum plugs and it kicks...you do not need to buy Iridium plugs and pay $8+$ each...that's bs. Unless you're racing and every last potential thousandths of a second counts don't bother with the ultra high-end stuff...its a waste of money without the appropriate returns. Just my 2 cents, have a nut.

I would go with the stock oem plugs also. They are supposed to last 100,000 miles. When I first bought my car I put bosch p-4 but after reading several posts on these forums I changed mine out with Oem Lexus plugs. I have heard of people having problems with aftermarket plugs and wires.

• 2 weeks later...

there are very few cars out there i'd put bosch platinums in. as good as a company bosch is, i'm not a fan of their plugs.

I dont use bosch plugs anymore because something happened before, i forget what. I use NGK now and am happy with it.

For my SC300 Im going to get NGK plug wires #TE120 $61.87

NGK IX Iridium #BKR5EIX-11 $6.95

You can order it at: www.ngk.com which I think links out to www.sparkplugs.com

I normally get things at www.importrp.com but didnt see it listed so I emailed them. Lets see who is cheaper and Im going to order from them.

Hopefully Ill get some better gas mileage a bit more responsive power. :)

• 2 weeks later...