Own Rx 300, Thinking About Addition Of Is 250 6 Speed

JDC

Hi All,

We are most happy with our 2002 RX300 and are torn between an 2007 Acura TL Type S (which my wife favours) versus the IS250 (pour moi) to replace our Acura CL. I know all the obvious - FWD versus RWD, 3.5l versus 2.5l etc, Honda versus Toyota. Assuming all the bells and whistles for the IS250, can anyone offer advice? One thing of note, my wife finds the seats in the Acura more comfortable. I don't have trouble with either but has anyone else noticed this?

Jim

Hi All,

We are most happy with our 2002 RX300 and are torn between an 2007 Acura TL Type S (which my wife favours) versus the IS250 (pour moi) to replace our Acura CL. I know all the obvious - FWD versus RWD, 3.5l versus 2.5l etc, Honda versus Toyota. Assuming all the bells and whistles for the IS250, can anyone offer advice? One thing of note, my wife finds the seats in the Acura more comfortable. I don't have trouble with either but has anyone else noticed this?

Jim

the TL has a much bigger back seat...got kids?

the IS250RWD does not have VDIM (I believe) not sure I'd want to go there living where there's lot's of snow.

IMO, seats in the Lexus are far superior to Acura. does Acura have cooled seats? your wife probably doesn't like the 250 because you sit lower (sportier feel)

who will be driving the car more?

the 250 is MUCH better looking

does the TL have paddle shifters?

Acura=blah, IS250=fun

have you looked at the 350? the engine in the 350 should trump the TL and has VDIM.

I traded in the Acura TL for the IS350. Personally I think that the IS is a better car for many reasons. One big reason is Lexus quality vs. Acura quality as well as Lexus service. I finally gave up on Acura because of really poor customer service with warranty issues and what not. Although the TL is a great car to drive the IS is really much better built inside and out. I haven't seen the same type of build issues with the Lexus so far compared to what I saw on the TL in it's early stages. I think you'd find that even with the power difference which would be huge comparing the IS250 to the TL-S, I think you'll find that the handling of the IS to be miles better than the TL's with it's FWD. As someone mentioned if you have to take passengers on a regular basis then the TL has a nice big back seat which the IS certainly doesn't so that might sway you one way or the other. After 2 Acuras I won't be going back to them in quite a while.