Exhaust Sound

95_SC400

Hi, I have a 95 sc400 that i recently installed new magnaflow mufflers and a custom made cold air intake. I was expecting my mufflers to be louder then they are, i cant even hear them over the intake,as a matter of fact you cant hear them unless you are standing behind the car. I was wondering what can i do to make my exhaust note louder without really chopping up the exhaust or hurting the cars performance? I dont want anything thats outrageous but i want people to know its a V8 coming. Any suggestions?

post-26847-1163837224_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a 95 sc400 that i recently installed new magnaflow mufflers and a custom made cold air intake. I was expecting my mufflers to be louder then they are, i cant even hear them over the intake,as a matter of fact you cant hear them unless you are standing behind the car. I was wondering what can i do to make my exhaust note louder without really chopping up the exhaust or hurting the cars performance? I dont want anything thats outrageous but i want people to know its a V8 coming. Any suggestions?

If you want it louder, ditch the resonators.

• 1 year later...

yeah, i have a GS 300 with flowmaster mufflers and they sound much better with the resonators removed. lexus puts in some pretty large resonators and with those gone, people will definitely know that a V8 is coming. i think magnaflow may offer resonators that you can put on if you want a real bassy sound.