Port To Dealer Delivery Time

BobsGX470

I have an 07 GX on order which got into the port (NJ) on Sunday, 11/12/06. My dealer is about a 3 hour ride north of Port Newark. The vehicle was supposed to be at the dealer on Wed. 11/15/06, but as of right now, they say they still haven't received the GX. Anyone have any ideas why it's already 2 days late? My dealer said that once its handed over from the port to the transit company, they have no way to track where the vehicle is located.

Very hard to tell a Teamster what to do.. There are so many variables. Some times another boat load of cars come into the port come into the port a day after and get unloaded in front of those cars. Then it depends which cars get loaded on which truck etc. One truck could hold cars for 2-3 different dealers.It most cases it takes 10-14 days from when the car gets into port., but can vary by atleast 10 days especially around holiday times.

I just saw the part where they said 3 days. Thats an extremely low estimate if the car really came into port that day. Its 3 days after the car has been put on the transporter.

Very hard to tell a Teamster what to do.. There are so many variables. Some times another boat load of cars come into the port come into the port a day after and get unloaded in front of those cars. Then it depends which cars get loaded on which truck etc. One truck could hold cars for 2-3 different dealers.It most cases it takes 10-14 days from when the car gets into port., but can vary by atleast 10 days especially around holiday times.

I just saw the part where they said 3 days. Thats an extremely low estimate if the car really came into port that day. Its 3 days after the car has been put on the transporter.

I got a call from my dealer earlier today saying my GX came in last night. So I'm hoping to pick it up Monday afternoon.