I Just Got A New Radio For My Car And Can't Install It

BlueSC400

I got a new stock Nakamichi Radio head unit and I can't figure out how to take apart the dash to take out the old one and stick the new one in. I really want my radio back so any help would be great =p

Is your previous headunit nakamichi ?

This is all from memory, but here it goes. Remove cup holder assy., then put shifter in neutral and slide down the plastic collar on the shift knob to reveal two hidden screws, remove shift knob, then remove the shifter trim panel (black plate that indicates p-r-n-d-....) its held in only by clips, detach the wire harnesses that are connected to that shifter trim panel, then remove all the screws for the shifter trim surround panel (This is the one that surrounds the climate control unit and the radio.) Once that trim panel is removed you will have access to the screws that hold the radio brackets. Everything is easy from that point.

This is all from memory, but here it goes. Remove cup holder assy., then put shifter in neutral and slide down the plastic collar on the shift knob to reveal two hidden screws, remove shift knob, then remove the shifter trim panel (black plate that indicates p-r-n-d-....) its held in only by clips, detach the wire harnesses that are connected to that shifter trim panel, then remove all the screws for the shifter trim surround panel (This is the one that surrounds the climate control unit and the radio.) Once that trim panel is removed you will have access to the screws that hold the radio brackets. Everything is easy from that point.

sweet got it done, thxs a lot