Three Things I Need Your Help To Decide

Have you tinted your is? If so what is the best way to go? brand? non-metallic/metallic?

should i have lexus put on a spoiler for me?

should i get chrome wheels?

Which order that you should do if you can't do all three?

I have the is250 rwd 2007 black sapphire (that's dark blue color)

Thanks all :)

• 1 month later...

Have you tinted your is? If so what is the best way to go? brand? non-metallic/metallic?

I have tinted rear doors, back glass and spoiler, however my personal opinion is that chrome wheels make the Lexus look cheap, look around, you see one with one without the without looks better... I have chrome on my 65 El Camino, they look great... If you get chrome make sure they are the best you can get other wise they get tarnished easier..

George

• 2 months later...

I have tinted rear doors, back glass and spoiler, however my personal opinion is that chrome wheels make the Lexus look cheap, look around, you see one with one without the without looks better... I have chrome on my 65 El Camino, they look great... If you get chrome make sure they are the best you can get other wise they get tarnished easier..

George

Thanks George!

Anyone second that (about the chrome wheels)?

George

My opinion exactly. But I still haven't tinted my IS with the Starfire Pearl (White) paint.

If you go with shiny wheels, get polished ones. If you go with polished ones get something like J-Line or I-forged custom made for your car. Both these brands produce extremely high quality wheels(think Kinesis) and can customize colors, sizes, and finishes to your preference for a fraction of the price of wheels like Kinesis or HRE. Whatever you do, even were you inclined to spend the money, do not buy HRE. They're extremely soft and bend on deep potholes. While 3 piece and two piece rims can be repaired for a fraction of the price a new wheel would cost, purchasing HRE's is inviting multiple occurances of this. Were I you, I'd go for something with a polished lip and a powder coated center in anthracite metallic to contrast with the car.

I saw an IS with the G-Spyder wheels, and am seriously thinking about buying them for my car. Just haven't wanted to spend the money. I've seen the chrome wheels, and I think they do look cheap, as stated before.

I will not tint my windows, as I can't stand not being able to see through other people's cars that have tinted windows......

If you go with shiny wheels, get polished ones. If you go with polished ones get something like J-Line or I-forged custom made for your car. Both these brands produce extremely high quality wheels(think Kinesis) and can customize colors, sizes, and finishes to your preference for a fraction of the price of wheels like Kinesis or HRE. Whatever you do, even were you inclined to spend the money, do not buy HRE. They're extremely soft and bend on deep potholes. While 3 piece and two piece rims can be repaired for a fraction of the price a new wheel would cost, purchasing HRE's is inviting multiple occurances of this. Were I you, I'd go for something with a polished lip and a powder coated center in anthracite metallic to contrast with the car.

Here's mine. Not tinted yet but have the front lip and boot spoiler. Will probably tint the rears, but not too much. Wheels are Volks SF Winning from Rays Wheels, 19" Gunmetal three piece forged with polished rims.

lexmar3km8.jpg

lexmar215eu5.jpg

lexmar23nc4.jpg

lexmar1wp6.jpg

lexmar213ki8.jpg

lexmar219yx5.jpg

lexmar210kv9.jpg

lexmar216yz9.jpg

lexmar24gf9.jpg