400h 10,000 Mile Service What To Expect $?

Although this service normally includes many "checks" (check this, check that), I told the dealership to change the two filters - air and air conditioning. Since I change my own oil, that was not required. I believe the bill came to $160 or so. I'll bet it's $300+ if all the services are done.

Although this service normally includes many "checks" (check this, check that), I told the dealership to change the two filters - air and air conditioning. Since I change my own oil, that was not required. I believe the bill came to $160 or so. I'll bet it's $300+ if all the services are done.

Just curious- Since these two air filters are as easy or easier to change than the oil & oil filter, why do you choose to pay to have them done?

the 10k service is an oil, filter change with a tire rotation, inspection of moving parts under the hood and a traction battery check, it was 125.00 in seattle plus tax. it took about an hour or less and fifteen minutes more for the car wash.

Just curious- Since these two air filters are as easy or easier to change than the oil & oil filter, why do you choose to pay to have them done?

Actually, my wife had this done. She had asked me if she should let the dealership do this and because it isnecessary only after more than one and a half years, I let them do it. I'm guessing that the next time they need changing, I will try to find and change them, myself. Now that I think of it, this may have been the 15,000 mile service, not the 10,000 mile one. My self-oil changes cost me $22 in materials.

Yes, ALL dealerships are notorious for trying to sell you the "10k" 15k" or what ever thousand mile service. DON'T do it, they're a rip. Read your book on what HAS to be done, for warranty purposes. Once you see what that is, ask them how much they charge for, say, that air filter replacement ... that oil change, etc. Makes a big price difference.

Yes, ALL dealerships are notorious for trying to sell you the "10k" 15k" or what ever thousand mile service. DON'T do it, they're a rip. Read your book on what HAS to be done, for warranty purposes. Once you see what that is, ask them how much they charge for, say, that air filter replacement ... that oil change, etc. Makes a big price difference.

This isn't always the case. My dealers package service and the Lexus maintenance schedule are exactly the same, and the package price is less than the individual prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my 10K service done last week, the Stevens Creek (Northern CA) dealership charged $192. Interestingly enough Magnussen Lexus Fremont (about 30 miles further North) said their rate was $160, (but I didn't have the time to drive the extra 60 miles). So I would suggest calling around to see which Service center gives you the best rate.