Intakes

Hey,

On top of getting exhaust, I want to get an intake. At first I was drawn to the Fujita F5 intake, but now I've been told to go with an LMS intake. Also, theres now a K&N intake on the market. Does anyone have any intake installed on their 350?? And if so, do you have any recommendations??? Good horsepower gain from it???? Can you feel the difference???

Thanks a lot,

Brandon

Hey,

On top of getting exhaust, I want to get an intake. At first I was drawn to the Fujita F5 intake, but now I've been told to go with an LMS intake. Also, theres now a K&N intake on the market. Does anyone have any intake installed on their 350?? And if so, do you have any recommendations??? Good horsepower gain from it???? Can you feel the difference???

Thanks a lot,

Brandon

Hi, I have the Fujita and I like it sounds great above 4K RPM's but really they are all basicly the same, the LMS and Fujita are the same design and the K&N has a heat shield. It really boils down to what you want to spend. Oh I forgot one more it's called Joe-Z it is basicly a smooth version of the stock pipe, plus gives the same gains in HP and sound and its only 100bucks.

I think that they all are made in california, but I don't think that an intake changes your emissions. The Fujita sounds like a *BLEEP*ed off cougar when it gets above 4k RPM's also the HP gains are probably minimal really its just for sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Z intake. Best bang for the buck. No MAF relocation, no CEL.

http://my.is/store/customer/product.php?pr...;cat=&page=

Hi

I'm new on the forum, i'm also looking for an intake for my new 250, I heard also for a new Injen intake for the IS did somebody can tell me something of it; if it is a better than a Fujita is or is the same?

I don't think there's much differene between any of the major brands. All they do is put a smooth tube and a large area filter to lower restrictions. Intake alone really doesn't do much except make noise.

Been following this and an intake mod on any lex is not needed, After all the research toyota does on there automobiles they really have reached the apex in there designs, That being said the only gains in installing an aftermarket intake is to impress yourself. The viable option is to vein induce, Superchargers/turbos and nos being the last resort. It all looks cool when you pop the hood but that is up to you............ :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

I have had K&N Typhoon kit on three IS300, extra 8 hp and average 3 mpg better, K&N makes a kit for the IS350 however it is not CARB ( California Air Resources Board ) legal yet... I takes a while for them to get them approved..

Note: The IS350 really doesn't need more performance, mine doesn't .. HA HA

George