Anybody Here Seen S/c Ls400?

new2mud

Aside from Lextreme's groundbreaking experimentations in LS400 forced induction, does anybody here have experience with putting a Roots-type blower on an LS400?

I am considering buying the manifold plate and other hardware from Neil Rush in Australia and sourcing a used blower here in the states, but would like to see if any board members have experience with tuning a F/I 1UZ motor. It would be nice to not have to start from scratch in terms of tuning maps, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from Lextreme's groundbreaking experimentations in LS400 forced induction, does anybody here have experience with putting a Roots-type blower on an LS400?

I am considering buying the manifold plate and other hardware from Neil Rush in Australia and sourcing a used blower here in the states, but would like to see if any board members have experience with tuning a F/I 1UZ motor. It would be nice to not have to start from scratch in terms of tuning maps, etc.

There are few LS with Supercharger

• 1 month later...

Lextreme,

What kind of power are you putting down at 16psi? Fully built? Auto tranny?

I had some problem with my injectors and ill tuned when dyno. The car produced about 400 rwhp at 18 psi. However, little problems are being fix and hopefully alot more. Yes auto tranny. However I broke two trannies already and my torque converter is still the same one. It jus show you that torque converter will out last your tranny.

What problems are you encountering with your injectors? At 18 psi I would assume that those #'s should be much higher...42# injectors? What turbo and a/r are you running? Blow through or draw though MAF set-up? Did you take on tuning yourself? Wow, 400 whp on a stock converter...that's something. Try a level 10 converter, some torque gain to add to your dyno sheet. Were those numbers achieved on pump gas? Is that a fully built motor or are you on stock internals? Compression ratio/stock headgasket? Yeah, I know....a lot of questions, but I'm just curious.

I'm considering going a route using an Eaton manifold sourced from Neil at RUSH, and then using some form of M90 blower, possibly a ported one from T-bird S/C applications, but would like to know what the limits are for the various stock components.

What is the power limit for stock auto trannies?

What is the consensus for limitations of stock 1UZ (1990 LS400) and power levels?

I'm considering going a route using an Eaton manifold sourced from Neil at RUSH, and then using some form of M90 blower, possibly a ported one from T-bird S/C applications, but would like to know what the limits are for the various stock components.

What is the power limit for stock auto trannies?

What is the consensus for limitations of stock 1UZ (1990 LS400) and power levels?

Have you PM'd or introduced yourself to JIBBY yet? I would suggest introducing yourself to him, as he knows these engines under the application you wish to have very well. He probably knows all of your answers. He has a SC, and is pretty active in the SC forums. :cheers: