Umm Hummm.... Gs Or Es

After owning a LS for 2 years I want to get another Lexus for my wife. So far we have tried out a few 98/99 ES's and they were okay. So now I am looking into the GS. Looking for a bit more style and look then the ES. Anyone have an opinion on the 98-2000 models? Any information is greatly apprecited.

After owning a LS for 2 years I want to get another Lexus for my wife. So far we have tried out a few 98/99 ES's and they were okay. So now I am looking into the GS. Looking for a bit more style and look then the ES. Anyone have an opinion on the 98-2000 models? Any information is greatly apprecited.

The gs is a different car than the es, gs (rwd) vs. es (fwd) Unless you are looking at the gs400/430 > v8 the gs300 has a l6 and the es has a v6. The gs is sportier and a bit more agressive and I personally feel that the gs is the way to go. That being said, The wifey has an es and I drive a gs. It really boils down to what she likes, After all she has to drive the car. Whatever decision you make it will be a good one. Let us know what car you choose. Good Luck :cheers:

I bought the 92 LS and although I drove it quite a bit, it was my wife's car really. I decided I needed a Lexus, and I bought the 98 GS400. I haven't regretted a moment of that decision. Both are great cars, but the power of the GS, and it's handling, were just what I wanted in a daily driver.

I have yet to drive an ES that I like - as nice a car as they are, I am not a front drive fan. The new ones are very good looking though.

I own a 93LS and drove a few 98-99 ES's. To me it seemed like a super Camery. The GS looks sporty and I will test it out this weekend. One thing for sure is its about 4-5k more then the ES.

GS

At eight years old and 100k miles it needs a t-belt by both time and mileage. The power steering pump is a non issue on that engine. It will also need spark plugs at this point - and that engine uses iridium from the factory.

We bought the 98 GS300. Black and tan. Its a wonderful car and my wife is very happy. What a difference from our now backup Taurus 91. :)

Change waterpump with timing belt? Also getting a tuneup, but these are much easier jobs then the LS. There is a bit of rust on the exahust pipes, but ohh well. Its near the connections mounts at the end of muffler going towards cats. In the middle sorta. Wow I am messing this up. Does this typically go after 10 winters in CT

We bought the 98 GS300. Black and tan. Its a wonderful car and my wife is very happy. What a difference from our now backup Taurus 91. :)

Change waterpump with timing belt? Also getting a tuneup, but these are much easier jobs then the LS. There is a bit of rust on the exahust pipes, but ohh well. Its near the connections mounts at the end of muffler going towards cats. In the middle sorta. Wow I am messing this up. Does this typically go after 10 winters in CT

Nice choice :cheers:

Things are good, but I think I am always a bit stressed when making a car purchase.

After buying I read the guys records. Well at 100k they stated the ball joins were wearing. So I did not see this or hear it and might have to make a repair. Sorta mad to get tricked a bit and might call the guy out, but ohh well. One of the four tires was obviously changed since it is a different brand of bridgestone. Of course that is the one with what I think is a bad ball joint. I wacked the tire when it was turned and heard a clink.

Also what is the velcro thing by the center mirror? Little plastic piece with wire.

Can the back antenna just be removed?

Things are good, but I think I am always a bit stressed when making a car purchase.

After buying I read the guys records. Well at 100k they stated the ball joins were wearing. So I did not see this or hear it and might have to make a repair. Sorta mad to get tricked a bit and might call the guy out, but ohh well. One of the four tires was obviously changed since it is a different brand of bridgestone. Of course that is the one with what I think is a bad ball joint. I wacked the tire when it was turned and heard a clink.

Also what is the velcro thing by the center mirror? Little plastic piece with wire.

Can the back antenna just be removed?

Some pics would help. Velcro ? Back antena ?