Brake/reverse/high-mount Lights Not On

harippa

Hello,

91 Es250. 1 day left till the safety/emission test deadline and i am baffled with the light dilema. The back-up light, high mount brake light doesnt come on!

Tail light and indicator lights are fine. I took the bulbs out, they arent bad - but i still replaced them with new ones.. doesn't work. How can I trouble shoot this? I had a rotor/brake change on all 4 wheels a couple weeks ago. Not sure if that caused the problem? I dont know if this problem was since before the brake job or not. Can they be related?

Called a mechanic shop who does inspections + electrical work, they told me with a smile it could take 1 hour to 6 hours to figure out the problem. 6x85=gazzilion dollars. Help me out pls.

Thanks.

Hello,

91 Es250. 1 day left till the safety/emission test deadline and i am baffled with the light dilema. The back-up light, high mount brake light doesnt come on!

Tail light and indicator lights are fine. I took the bulbs out, they arent bad - but i still replaced them with new ones.. doesn't work. How can I trouble shoot this? I had a rotor/brake change on all 4 wheels a couple weeks ago. Not sure if that caused the problem? I dont know if this problem was since before the brake job or not. Can they be related?

Called a mechanic shop who does inspections + electrical work, they told me with a smile it could take 1 hour to 6 hours to figure out the problem. 6x85=gazzilion dollars. Help me out pls.

Thanks.

Of course you have checked/replaced the fuses, right?