Turning Off The Seatbelt Warning.

• 1 month later...
Worked for me as well, 2006 IS250 AWD. On the 2nd attempt I made sure to hold down the odometer button immediately after pushing the ignition button twice. That beep was such a pain. It's not that I don't wear my seatbelt, I just put it on after I get out of my driveway

I can't get it to work on my IS350 06, question, do I click the seatbelt while holding the odometer after the 10-30 sec? or do I let go of the odometer at 10-30 sec and then click it?

it doesn't seem to work for me, I tried it a few times.

thanks in advance for any help

"6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt."

I just did it this past week in my '09, and it worked first try. I used it on my '06, and it worked first try. Not sure why it's not working for ya.

"6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt."

I just did it this past week in my '09, and it worked first try. I used it on my '06, and it worked first try. Not sure why it's not working for ya.

You're just good. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
It works on the 08 IS 350. I just did it.

1) open the car door, get in and close the door, pull the seat belt around and hold it without clicking it home.

2) hit the start button twice with foot off the brake.

3) right away depress the odometer reset button and hold for 10-30 seconds.

4) click home the seat belt. the on off toggle thing comes up on the odometer. select off. wait for the odometer to set. turn the car off.

I could not get this to work on my 09 is250. HELP!!!

i presed the start button with out my foot on the brake twice

then i pressed the odometer reset button for over 30 sec. Do actually press it twice? cause you said depress then hold for 10-30 sec.

then i clicked the seat belt in while i keep holding the odometer reset button? or do i let go then click the seat belt in?

It works on the 08 IS 350. I just did it.

1) open the car door, get in and close the door, pull the seat belt around and hold it without clicking it home.

2) hit the start button twice with foot off the brake.

3) right away depress the odometer reset button and hold for 10-30 seconds.

4) click home the seat belt. the on off toggle thing comes up on the odometer. select off. wait for the odometer to set. turn the car off.

I could not get this to work on my 09 is250. HELP!!!

i presed the start button with out my foot on the brake twice

then i pressed the odometer reset button for over 30 sec. Do actually press it twice? cause you said depress then hold for 10-30 sec.

then i clicked the seat belt in while i keep holding the odometer reset button? or do i let go then click the seat belt in?

Yeah, the instant you click the seatbelt together, the odometer display will change. So when you get in the car, pull the seatbelt around you like your going to click it home, but don't. Then hit the start button twice with your foot off the brake. This puts the car in full battery mode and not just aux. mode. Then reach to the odometer reset button and push it in for about 10-30 seconds. While still holding the button down, click the seatbelt home and the odometer display should convert to b-on. release the odometer button and press it again quickly and you will see b-off. Hit the start button to turn the car off. release the seatbelt, open the car door and close it. Then start the car without using your seatbelt. The chime will last about 30 seconds and stop now, and I don't think it chimes at all with the passenger seat anymore. If it does, it only lasts a few seconds, and then stops.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Tried the suggested sequence and did not work. However, after some trial and error, I managed to disable the seat belt warning on my 2006 IS250 with the following steps:

1. enter driver seat and close door

2. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start)

3. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (and not trip A or B )

4. Press the START button until the ignition is in the LOCK (or OFF) position

5. open door and close it again

6. buckle the driver's seatbelt

7. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start); when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12-15 seconds

8. while still holding the trip reset button, unbuckle the driver's side seatbelt and then buckle again.

9. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF", and toggle to "b OFF" with the trip reset.

10. the process should be completed when you unbuckle and turn the key off

If you cannot invoke the setting on the ODO display, try the above sequence with Headlight OFF; Parking Brake OFF.

I hope it will work for those who tried the original sequence and did not work...Cheers.. :rolleyes:

Worked like a charm on my 08 RWD IS 250

• 1 year later...

This worked on my 2009 is250. But at the time of trying i had a low tire pressure code that was being thrown so I didn't get the on off option. I did test it with a 30 ILB dumbell in the passenger seat and it seemed to of worked. I'll update later if I find it didnt.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...