Turning Off The Seatbelt Warning.

Tried the suggested sequence and did not work. However, after some trial and error, I managed to disable the seat belt warning on my 2006 IS250 with the following steps:

1. enter driver seat and close door

2. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start)

3. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (and not trip A or B )

4. Press the START button until the ignition is in the LOCK (or OFF) position

5. open door and close it again

6. buckle the driver's seatbelt

7. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start); when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12-15 seconds

8. while still holding the trip reset button, unbuckle the driver's side seatbelt and then buckle again.

9. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF", and toggle to "b OFF" with the trip reset.

10. the process should be completed when you unbuckle and turn the key off

If you cannot invoke the setting on the ODO display, try the above sequence with Headlight OFF; Parking Brake OFF.

I hope it will work for those who tried the original sequence and did not work...Cheers.. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello guys:

Anyone that knows how to turn off the seatbelt warning will be great. I have tried the following hack, but it doesn't work...I wonder if it's because mine is a 2007 IS..THANKS!

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

anyone??

OK I have a bit to learn about posting; sorry! I think this hack it too complicated! Unless you have seen it in writing forget the door open/close thing, and parking brakes and voodoo witchcraft. While I drive a GS I really don't think the models are programmed that differently. I have turned my seatbelt chime off several times (dealership had to unhook aux battery which restores factory settings to everything). I tried this forum's method and it didn't work. Called local Lexus (my mechanic buddy was off and nobody there knew you could even to this!) so today I went up and borrowed the GS450h manual. Here it is from the horse's mouth (the power of h).

BUZZER REMINDER CANCEL MODE SETTING

-Set multi-information displa on the combination meter to the ODO display mode

-Press and hold the ODO/TRIP switch for 10 seconds WITHIN 6 SECONDS OF SELECTING the power source mode to "IG-ON" Then, buckle the seat belt and the system enters the buzzer reminder cancel mode setting.

--If driver seat belt fastened: system changes to driver AND front passenger cancel mode.

--If passenger seat belt fastened: system changes to passenger cancel mode.

-When system enters cancel mode, it will appear on the multi-information display and driver can "toggle" between on and off with the ODO/TRIP button.

My own comment: The multi-display is in the speedometer housing. There is a top and a bottom. The bottom is the odometer. To clear the top use the "DISP" switch on the right fork of the steering wheel.

Good luck.

Tried the suggested sequence and did not work. However, after some trial and error, I managed to disable the seat belt warning on my 2006 IS250 with the following steps:

1. enter driver seat and close door

2. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start)

3. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (and not trip A or B )

4. Press the START button until the ignition is in the LOCK (or OFF) position

5. open door and close it again

6. buckle the driver's seatbelt

7. turn the ignition to the ON position by pressing "Start" 2 times with foot off the brake pad (ie. the car will not start); when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12-15 seconds

8. while still holding the trip reset button, unbuckle the driver's side seatbelt and then buckle again.

9. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF", and toggle to "b OFF" with the trip reset.

10. the process should be completed when you unbuckle and turn the key off

If you cannot invoke the setting on the ODO display, try the above sequence with Headlight OFF; Parking Brake OFF.

I hope it will work for those who tried the original sequence and did not work...Cheers.. :rolleyes:

Just did this again tonite in my '07 (dealer must have disconnected the battery last week when my car was in). Worked like a charm. If you can't get it, try holding the odo butotn for 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...
I love this post...you just solved the only real beef I have with my 07 IS350. The seatbelt alarm drove me insane...no more! Thank you!!!

you can also just put the seatbelt on.

I never drive without my seat belt. As other posters have noted, my problem is that the seat belt alarm dings incessantly after a passenger unbuckles his/her seatbelt to get out of the car.

It works on the 08 IS 350. I just did it.

1) open the car door, get in and close the door, pull the seat belt around and hold it without clicking it home.

2) hit the start button twice with foot off the brake.

3) right away depress the odometer reset button and hold for 10-30 seconds.

4) click home the seat belt. the on off toggle thing comes up on the odometer. select off. wait for the odometer to set. turn the car off.

• Like 2

1) open the car door, get in and close the door, pull the seat belt around and hold it without clicking it home.

4) click home the seat belt. the on off toggle thing comes up on the odometer. select off. wait for the odometer to set. turn the car off.

Smooth, Thanks for the LexusPersonalSetting information.:cheers:

Hope all is good. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It works on the 2007 IS350 also. Tried it last night. IT DID TAKE A FEW TRIES THOUGH, but then I finally saw the "magic" b-on - b-off screen. Thank God. Was getting tired in a hurry of that seatbelt chime going off for 30 frickin seconds.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Works exactly as stated in my 2009 IS250. Awesome and thanks. That beep is soooo annoying!!!!

However one note, it seems to me that I needed to hold the odometer button closer to 30 seconds, because first time I tried it I clicked in the belt and nothing happened. Second time I held the button longer before clicking in the seatbelt and then the on/off msg came up on the display.

Are you clicking the seatbelt in while still holding the ODO button? I tried this a couple times last night on my 20090 IS250 with no luck.

I'm sure it is operator error, just trying to narrow down that error!

Are you clicking the seatbelt in while still holding the ODO button? I tried this a couple times last night on my 20090 IS250 with no luck.

I'm sure it is operator error, just trying to narrow down that error!

The trick seems to be needing to hold in the odometer reset for 30 seconds or so. I tied with shorter times and it didn;t work, but the 3rd time worked fine with the four-step procedure.

It took a couple more tries, but eventually one of them was at the right length of time and the magic message popped-up, thanks!

It is nice being able to unbuckle as I turn into the driveway without that bell going nuts.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
just did it on my is250 08 . it worked ...no beeping anymore :)

I think I did it on my '07 is250, but the beeping is still there when I start the car. Is that normal or is that beeping also suppose to go away?

I just did it in my 09 250 and it worked just fine (after i realized you had to remain holding the ODO trip in while you insert the seatbelt) and i also paid attention to the 4 'dings' when you first hit the ignition button and don't believe that will (at least didn't with mine) go away.

Yes, the first warning will be there. It's the nagging beep afterwards that keeps on beeping and beeping that this turns off. I can easily live with that.

• 3 weeks later...