Need Help - Arnott Coil Strut Conversion Kit

leximus

I bought the Lexus LS400 conversion Coil Strut kit for my 1991 Lexus from Arnott and there seems to be something wrong. we followed (my mechanic and I) the labeling and put them on as indicated. The car seems backwards. The backend is lower than the front end now. I'm disgusted! I don't know if they (Arnott) were labeled incorrectly but the rear end of the car is lower than the front end by at least 4 inches. Could the people may have put the wrong directions on each strut, i.e., the front mixed up with the rear. Anyone experience this with Arnotts Coil/Strut conversion for the LS400 (90-92)?

:cries: :chairshot:

I have exactly the same experience. The backend of mine seems to ride quite a bit lower than the front. And it's not possible to put them on backwards! I've only had them for a couple weeks.

One of the rear ones failed in about 2 days, resulting in violent bottoming out on one side. One of the front ones I got was also not assembled properly, and bottom was rotated about 15-20 degrees from where it should be and the bolt would not go through strait.

Arnott sent me a new front and new rear. The new rear one works better, but they seem awfully sensitive to temperature (anyone know why this is?) and ride very rough when its cold out until they warm up a bit.

The front one was was still assembled wrong! In fact it was actually more maladjusted than than the first one. I took it to a strut shop, had it adjusted.

Overall, the front ones ride pretty nice, but the back ones I am not very impressed with. They ride ok on the highway but they are too low and like to bottom out.

Everyone who is reading this should take this as a cue to get your struts rebuilt with toyota parts. It actually wouldn't even cost that much more.

I bought the Lexus LS400 conversion Coil Strut kit for my 1991 Lexus from Arnott and there seems to be something wrong. we followed (my mechanic and I) the labeling and put them on as indicated. The car seems backwards. The backend is lower than the front end now. I'm disgusted! I don't know if they (Arnott) were labeled incorrectly but the rear end of the car is lower than the front end by at least 4 inches. Could the people may have put the wrong directions on each strut, i.e., the front mixed up with the rear. Anyone experience this with Arnotts Coil/Strut conversion for the LS400 (90-92)?

:cries: :chairshot:

Actually, to answer your question rather than just rant... You cannot put these on backwards. They are way too different on the front and back. They are also symmetrical, so they're not on the wrong sides.

I think the problem is that there are some serious quality control issues at arnott, untrained labor, improperly adjusted jigs, etc.