Bought One

Just bought wife a LS460 standard wheelbase (71K) version Tungsten Silver/grey -her choice.. Wanted Radar cruise however, told that we would wait until early 2007, so I decided to take one just arriving. In the past 10 years we have had many 7 series Beamers and a Few S class Benzs. Since I drive a Porsche C2S Cab I figured this would be a good family machine. Wife and I and puppy dog (Shih-Tzu, kids are both in grad school. After driving other big luxury machines this one seems like a great buy. Choice was another shortwheel base 7, S550 (overpriced), Acura RL (a bit dated) or the Lexus. The dealer's willingness to provide pick-up and delivery of a Lexus loaner for any warranty issues clinched the deal. Lexus is 65 miles from our house and the BMW and Benz dealers are close by.

Regards

Richard

Hello, I decided to give my wife's RX300 to our son, and we just picked up our LS460L(Black Sapphire Pearl w/Dark Grey Birds-Eye Maple)We did get the extra luxury package, so sticker was a little under $81,500(We paid $80,700). Also we only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. I personally have always been an Infiniti Q45 man myself, but I'm seriously considering trading my '05 Q45 in the near future.

Congrats you lucky dogs. I have been on the list for a month and still haven't received my 460 as the waiting list is very long (should be in soon though).

By the way Richard, I agree with you that the S is overpriced and I kind of think that Mercedes wants it that way in the US. In my opinion, they intentionally make it expensive so it has more prestige (in the US at least). After all, the 7 carries almost everything the S does and is substantially less expensive.

I don't know about you but I am already on the list for the '09 7 series! Should be out in '08. It will keep the LS company in my garage :)

Congrats you lucky dogs. I have been on the list for a month and still haven't received my 460 as the waiting list is very long (should be in soon though).

By the way Richard, I agree with you that the S is overpriced and I kind of think that Mercedes wants it that way in the US. In my opinion, they intentionally make it expensive so it has more prestige (in the US at least). After all, the 7 carries almost everything the S does and is substantially less expensive.

I don't know about you but I am already on the list for the '09 7 series! Should be out in '08. It will keep the LS company in my garage :)

Agree, I think the Beamer out drives all of the competition, especially the long wheelbase model. The reel issue is that the user interface to the various systems is the worst i have ever experienced. I own a company that designs technology systems for apartments and we never have nor need a user manual. We employ "natural user interfaces" like the light switch controls the light (may be thru sophisticated electronics but the "user" doesn't know and really doesn't care. We have navigation on all our toys, boats, cars and plane and for the life of me could never program the one in the Beamer. Also heaven help me program a channel into the radio ugh. Took a bath on the trade, but went back to a Porsche for myself (everything works, easy to use Nav and drives like a bandit). I was going to buy my wife an RL to replace her E500, until we drove the LS460. She was hooked and that was that.

Regards

• 2 months later...