94 Gs300 Big Suspension Problem!

Hello everyone. This is my first post here and it serious.

I myself do not own the GS, my friend just picked it up, and I will be his mechanic.

Here is the problem....

It's a 94 GS300 with about 130k miles and currently has 20" Rims on it. Whether the aftermarket rims are on or the stock rims are on, the Rear-end of the car wiggles left to right DRAMATICALLY. I have not had time to throw the car up on the lift and get under it, but I was hoping that someone else around here has had the same problem. It is quite strange on what it does.

The body stays 100% flat when this happens, just the rear wiggles left to right. You can take your hands off the steering wheel and it will track perfectly straight down the road. This will happen everytime you go over the smallest bump or dip in the road, and obviously the bigger the dip or bump, the more it wiggles. It is enough to move you in your seat. And if you put your hand on the gearshift you can feel the tranny moving enough to feel it in the shifter.

My guess is the tranny mount and rear swaybar bushings and endlinks are shot. Anyone else have a problem with this or have any ideas as to whatelse it might be??

• 3 weeks later...

I myself do not own the GS, my friend just picked it up, and I will be his mechanic.

Here is the problem....

It's a 94 GS300 with about 130k miles and currently has 20" Rims on it. Whether the aftermarket rims are on or the stock rims are on, the Rear-end of the car wiggles left to right DRAMATICALLY. I have not had time to throw the car up on the lift and get under it, but I was hoping that someone else around here has had the same problem. It is quite strange on what it does.

The body stays 100% flat when this happens, just the rear wiggles left to right. You can take your hands off the steering wheel and it will track perfectly straight down the road. This will happen everytime you go over the smallest bump or dip in the road, and obviously the bigger the dip or bump, the more it wiggles. It is enough to move you in your seat. And if you put your hand on the gearshift you can feel the tranny moving enough to feel it in the shifter.

My guess is the tranny mount and rear swaybar bushings and endlinks are shot. Anyone else have a problem with this or have any ideas as to whatelse it might be??

Did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same issue with my '96 GS300 with 85K miles. Under heavy exceleration, the rear end wags back and forth. If you lift off the gas, it stops. It has been getting worse lately.

Thanks!

Here is the problem....

Did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same issue with my '96 GS300 with 85K miles. Under heavy exceleration, the rear end wags back and forth. If you lift off the gas, it stops. It has been getting worse lately.

Thanks!

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any other suggestions on what to look for? I was wondering if worn shocks would cause this. I don't see any leakage from the shocks though.

Thanks.