Ipod Integration To Nav Unit

Has anyone installed any ipod integration to work with the existing NAV/stereo?

Not the FM transmitter stuff, the direct wire connection to the from the ipod to the NAV.

Thanks

I have the VAIS adapter and it is GREAT! I put it behind the nav system and ran the cable thru a slot I burned with a hot knife in the side of the glove box where the manual WAS. I covered the opening with masonite with black velvet over it, so I can remove it to update the play lists when I want. There is a "sticky" post at the top of this forum to show how to remove all the stuff to do a DVD bypass (which I also did), but the instructions on how to pull the nav unit are a BIG help!

the VAIS adapter lets you program up to 99 play lists that act like a multi disk changer. You can access each with the >> button on screen forward or backwards (and if you toggle another button, the >> is fast forward/rewind), but the 1st 12 can ce accessed directly on the screen too. The next track buttons on the steering wheel access the tracks.

I went several months without touching the iPod, and just this weekend updated some of my playlists. Don't bother with cassette or FM adapters... I tried them and they just wasted my money. This unit can eaisly be self installed. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

the post above me sounds like a vaisteck employee trying to promote their product. nothing he says is untrue though. i have it too, works great. my only compalints, i wish i could see the songs on the page in a list, not just what song is currently playing. basically a list of my songs so i can know what track 9 is while im listening to track 3. i'd also like to see firmware updates with newer features.

• 5 weeks later...

Just intalled the VIAS IPOD adapter and did the DVD trick. It was easier than I thought and I am a Financial Planner. It was fun seeing what was behind the dash. Every thing came apart easier and went back together easier still. The only thing was that the VIAS instructions were not precise. The adapter was in the middle of the radio, instead of on the right. But you can't go wrong because the 3 clips will only clip into their mates as all three hook ups are different. I also put the VIAS into the glove compartment, as well as th IPOD as the directions say you may have to update the unit and to make it accessable.

Thank you all on this site for some great info on my allready great 06 GS300!

• 9 months later...
Just intalled the VIAS IPOD adapter and did the DVD trick. It was easier than I thought and I am a Financial Planner. It was fun seeing what was behind the dash. Every thing came apart easier and went back together easier still. The only thing was that the VIAS instructions were not precise. The adapter was in the middle of the radio, instead of on the right. But you can't go wrong because the 3 clips will only clip into their mates as all three hook ups are different. I also put the VIAS into the glove compartment, as well as th IPOD as the directions say you may have to update the unit and to make it accessable.

Thank you all on this site for some great info on my allready great 06 GS300!

hey i know this was a while ago but when you installed the Vais ipod controller, did you find the 20 pin plug...i cant find it. I have Mark Levinson.

thanks!

• 1 year later...

Not the FM transmitter stuff, the direct wire connection to the from the ipod to the NAV.

Thanks

Hey-Has anyone used their iphone 3G with the vais? Im not too tech savvy...I have and 06 with the NAV and ML and want to make sure I get the right one---is this the same thing as getting a regular ipod hooked up to the vais? I want to get a iphone this week and get the vais adaptor and will be using it as my primary ipod (16g) I Was going to get a 16 G Nano just for the car but figured why not just get the iphone and have it all??

Thanks

Hey-Has anyone used their iphone 3G with the vais? Im not too tech savvy...I have and 06 with the NAV and ML and want to make sure I get the right one---is this the same thing as getting a regular ipod hooked up to the vais? I want to get a iphone this week and get the vais adaptor and will be using it as my primary ipod (16g) I Was going to get a 16 G Nano just for the car but figured why not just get the iphone and have it all??

Here is the link to their forums. There are topics on it there.

http://www.vaistech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7