Ohio Ls 430s?

mannye

I'm currently looking for a 2004 LS 430, and I've been waiting for the 460 to hit the market and , if my reasoning is correct, lower the prices on those '04s.

I've been searching on ebay, and keeping an eye on what's selling and recently noticed A LOT of 2004 LS 430s coming on from Ohio. Usually, it seems south Florida and California, with some NYC thrown in there are the more popular spots for these cars, but today I logged on and there are at least 5 maybe 6 2004 LS 430s for sale in Ohio, where I never saw one before...

Could these be ressurected Katrina cars? Or is it that everyone suddenly wants a 460 and what I thought would happen is happening?

This a good point and a perfect example of when $25 for a month of carfax reports would be beneficial. More recent data on those is pretty reliable, and even if the flood title got missed/skipped somehow you'll be able to see if it was registered or had emissions or service or any activity done in new orleans around that time. And then suddenly 'auction'=>'for sale in ohio'

There are a couple of dealers out of cleveland who sell cars on ebay at well below wholesale prices. I checked few cars at their lot. All of them had collision history with frame damage on carfax. Be careful.

These cars could simply be coming off a three year lease. 2004 LS430s were sold beginning in September/October 2003 and now it is the time for off lease 2004 models to begin showing up in the market place in large numbers. This is called an "opportunity"!

If the mileage is within 36-38K miles on these cars, I think you can bet that they have come off a lease.

I purchased my current 2000 LS400 after it came off a three year lease on August 1, 2003.

These cars could simply be coming off a three year lease. 2004 LS430s were sold beginning in September/October 2003 and now it is the time for off lease 2004 models to begin showing up in the market place in large numbers. This is called an "opportunity"!

If the mileage is within 36-38K miles on these cars, I think you can bet that they have come off a lease.

I purchased my current 2000 LS400 after it came off a three year lease on August 1, 2003.

I originally thought that's what it was, but these days I think we really have to be careful. On top of the normal checking for collsion that could happen anywhere, the recent hurricanes have unloaded thousands of vehicles that should have been scrapped on the marketplace, so we have to be exra-careful.

I'm sure I'll see the off-lease glut of 04's happen here in Miami any minute now, and I'll be ready to snap up that Ultra-Package baby for under 38K! (after carfaxing it, of course)

Thanks for the replies!