Oil Leak

ahausrath

My new 350 has an oil leak around the front timing belt pully. Of course it is in warranty. But, Lexus can't get the part! So I have been driving a loaner for 10 days! Neither the dealer nor Lexus headquarters in Torrance CA have any idea when a new seal will be available. One of the SYTs (Sweet Young Things) at Lexus Customer Satisfaction hinted that Lexus can't get a single part from Japan, but have to assemble a comprehensive list of parts to minimize shipping costs!

This is my first Lexus, a switch from Jaguar. Quite frankly, the complete disregard for the customer was not what I expected from Lexus!

Have others had an oil leak in the 07 ES 350?

Does Lexus typically have a parts problem?

:cries:

My new 350 has an oil leak around the front timing belt pully. Of course it is in warranty. But, Lexus can't get the part! So I have been driving a loaner for 10 days! Neither the dealer nor Lexus headquarters in Torrance CA have any idea when a new seal will be available. One of the SYTs (Sweet Young Things) at Lexus Customer Satisfaction hinted that Lexus can't get a single part from Japan, but have to assemble a comprehensive list of parts to minimize shipping costs!

This is my first Lexus, a switch from Jaguar. Quite frankly, the complete disregard for the customer was not what I expected from Lexus!

Have others had an oil leak in the 07 ES 350?

Does Lexus typically have a parts problem?

:cries:

I also had the same oil leak as you. Mine is now fixed but to do the job the engine had to be removed from the bottom.