Trailer Hitch And Wiring Harness Rx350 2007

I purchased the tow prep pkg and plan to install an aftermarket, 3rd party vendor, class 3 hitch. The wiring harness seems to be a dealer only option and I'm getting the runaround from the dealer that I need to purchase the hitch and wiring harness as a Lexus pkg for $430. Looking at etrainler.com, there are a number of hitches available in the $150 range, but no "plug & play" wiring harness.

Suggestions on a hitch vendor (Draw-Tite, Curt)?

Any issues with 18 inch rims / spare and hitch clearance?

A wiring harness option?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the tow prep pkg and plan to install an aftermarket, 3rd party vendor, class 3 hitch. The wiring harness seems to be a dealer only option and I'm getting the runaround from the dealer that I need to purchase the hitch and wiring harness as a Lexus pkg for $430. Looking at etrainler.com, there are a number of hitches available in the $150 range, but no "plug & play" wiring harness.

Suggestions on a hitch vendor (Draw-Tite, Curt)?

Any issues with 18 inch rims / spare and hitch clearance?

A wiring harness option?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

I have a Draw Tite that was on my wife's 2005 RX330 for a month. I nicked the bumper with the trailer hitch and the she made me remove the hitch. If you are near Dayton, Ohio, It's available CHeap!! Didn't get a chance to check on the wiring. The hitch looks like new.