Gas Mileage

Tyler121

I just recieved this 1994 ES300 from my dad. This is my first car, and i want to have a little fun sometimes. So i go out, give it some gas, and before i know it, ive used a lot of gas. I dont know if the car is using all of it, or its my gauge. Is there anything i can do to get better gas mileage. Even just plain out "grandpa driving" seems to use a lot of gas. Someone help me.

We can't help you. You don't have a refferance point to what kind of gas mileage you are getting... It's an 18.5 gallon tank. Fill the tank up. Drive it till it reads the empty mark & fill it up again. Divide miles driven by gallons it takes to fill the tank.

wow, this car gets bad gas mileage. my dads 2001 DeVille gets better gas mileage. but what can you expect from a car that is 12 years old. I think i have official fallen in love with this car.

Tyler...I also have a 94 ES and despite cleaning all the stuff you're supposed to clean in the engine, SeaFoaming twice, replacing O2 sensor, etc...I still get about 16mpg city. Adding acetone to each tank bumps that up to about 17 or so. On the highway I get upwards of 28mpg however. I'm interested in what your mileage is after you actually measure it (per ToysRMe suggestion). Try to only drive city during this tank so your reading is true.

yea, all im doin is driving in the city. well mostly to school and back becuase i am in the 10th grade. so far i have gone about 50 miles and the needle is still touching the full line.

Yup, I usually get about 50 before the full line is touched...and it's all quickly downhill from there! Please post your true miles per gallon after this tank is done.