Shark Fin Antenna For Sat Radio?

I have a 2007 IS 350 that is going in to Lexus service Monday for installation of the Lexus OEM XM Sat Radio. Should they use the existing shark fin antenna, or will they have to put another antenna on the trunk and wire through to the Nav/radio in the dash?

Just dropped off the car at Lexus service. Service writer says the add-on XM unit is not prewired to the shark fin. Will be the small sat antenna mounted to the rear glass high on the passenger side, and they have to run wire to the dash. But the controls will be integrated in the existing Nav display. I hope they know what they are doing. :chairshot:

Just dropped off the car at Lexus service. Service writer says the add-on XM unit is not prewired to the shark fin. Will be the small sat antenna mounted to the rear glass high on the passenger side, and they have to run wire to the dash. But the controls will be integrated in the existing Nav display. I hope they know what they are doing.:chairshot:

Uhh, last time I saw the install instructions, they said to use the existing sharkfin antenna connection. It should terminate somewhere in the right, forward portion of the trunk.

QUOTE(bartkat @ Nov 11 2006, 05:40 AM)

It should be already pre-wired to use the shark fin.

Uhh, last time I saw the install instructions, they said to use the existing sharkfin antenna connection. It should terminate somewhere in the right, forward portion of the trunk.

You guys were both right. They used the shark fin antenna. I reckon the installer read the instructions. Anyway, I am a happy camper, and thanks for your help.

Hey Guys,

I will be picking up my IS250 next week and it comes with the XM satalite package. My question in how long is the subscription and is it even included or do you have to pay for that separate? I read on the official Lexus page it's for only a sertin time.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I will be picking up my IS250 next week and it comes with the XM satalite package. My question in how long is the subscription and is it even included or do you have to pay for that separate? I read on the official Lexus page it's for only a sertin time.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You have to sign up for a XM plan

I had Sirius installed in my brand new IS350, they put the antenna right behind the sharkfin. XM can use the sharkfin, Sirius cannot.

Who did your installation? I'm curious because I'm about to retrofit an 06 IS350 with the sharkfin to use in a Sirius installation. I just have to see what connectors (if any) are at the termination of the antenna wiring.

Could you give me some info. on how you like the installation? I am thinking about adding sirius also but have seen some people complaining about less than seamless installation issues. I am curious about how it works with the navi screens.

Thanks

"Audio Connection" in Towson. They are referred by Lexus of Towson.

VAIS Lexus Sirius Interface Module

Kenwood DEI Sirken1 Sirius Tuner