Traction Control Problem

Hi,my98 GS300 having traction control problem.when I drove on highway(dry), almost every slight right

turns activated the TRACTION CONTROL light, and came with the "beep,beep,beep,beep"sounds consistantly. sometimes slight left turn caused the same problem. When I turned the wheel back to straight, the light and sounds were off. It's very annoyed. By the way,I think my car need a aligment, because its steeling wheel is little bit off the straight line. but that should not cause the traction problem. Dose anyone has the same experience? Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

You need a front wheel speed sensor. The only way to find out which or both is with a scantool.

Thanks for your info. I didn't really get chance to have the sensors checked. A few days ago, when I had my flat tire fixed, the tiremen found out that both sides of the front axle assembly were loose due to the worn out joint. Luckily,after I had the two little peices(arms?) replaced, all the lights and annoying sound were gone. It explains that when the front axle assmbly has worn out joint, car system will detect a wide turn even when you are driving straight. Therefore,any slight turn on highway will make car system feel like a abrupt turn and activate the traction control system and warn you with the beep beep beep....

I still need advises for another two problems.

1. VSC ABS VSC OFF light . I bought my car from an auction with its front(right side) hit. Beside the bodyjob, everything functioned properly except the VSC ABS VSC OFF light were on. The electrician found the broken wires for the right side front wheel sensor and reconnected them. The light were off right after that.It was good for only a few weeks, then the light came on and off from time to time. I assumed it was due to a loose connection. However,when I wanted to make sure by reconnectting the wires firmly, the light were still on. I even tried connectting the two wires in opposit way, it didn't work. And it's still the on and off situation. I checked the driver side connection, it looked fine. Could it be connection or sensor(s) problem?

The sensor the wires connected to is the cnly one we can see behind the front wheel. My machnics friend said

that one must be ABS sensor, then where is the speed sensor?

2. No electric and died engine. One night when I was driving and hit a bump,all lights dimed out for a second and came right back on. Then when I stopped at the traffic light, all lights dimed out again and engine died.I tried to jump it, it just "click, click "weakly. When I tightened the battery terminal, I could start it again. The question is: When engine is still on, loose battery connection wouldn't affect engine at all, would malfunctioned starter or alternater make the running engine died and car out of electric?

I would like to have some advises or ideas of what the problems could be before I have to see machnics.

Thanks in advanve for helps.

ABS sensor is the same as Wheel Speed Sensor. Using a scan-tool is the only way to verify proper operation of the wheel speed sensors. Check the operation of all (4) sensors with a scan-tool. Repair/replace sensors/wiring as necessary. Clear any codes with the scan-tool.

If your battery cable was loose, it certainly could cause the car to stall.

• 1 year later...
Hi,my98 GS300 having traction control problem.when I drove on highway(dry), almost every slight right

turns activated the TRACTION CONTROL light, and came with the "beep,beep,beep,beep"sounds consistantly. sometimes slight left turn caused the same problem. When I turned the wheel back to straight, the light and sounds were off. It's very annoyed. By the way,I think my car need a aligment, because its steeling wheel is little bit off the straight line. but that should not cause the traction problem. Dose anyone has the same experience? Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Hi, I know this is an old post but i had the exact same problem for over a year! the ABS, VSC OFF, & BRAKE warning lights would come on instantly with a loud constant BEEP sound. The lexus and toyota dealerships both said they had never heard of this issue and charged me a few hundred bucks to let me know they couldnt help me.

Believe it or not, the constant BEEP and the purge of the master cylinder which sounds like a choking terradactyl was caused by my front ball joints being completely worn out. once i replaced the ball joints, the annoying problem i had considered selling my car for was gone for good!!! :D

the sensors think your car is out of balance or out of traction due to the misalignment of the ball joints. i'm by no means a mechanic, but this is how i fixed this horrible problem. it's been over a year and my 99 gs400 runs like a champ with 132K miles :) Good luck!

• 13 years later...

2000 Lexus LX470 traction control light comes on when making a left curve. It also locked up my right front tire on a few occasions once doing 75 down the freeway. After spending over $5000 rebuilding EVERYTHING in the front end, I got rid of the Michelin defender tires that were six ply and went to Bridgestone duellers 10ply. Problem solved. I love Michelin tires but their sidewall must be a little weak. All I know is I was ready to sell it and now I am thrilled with it again.