Thank You And Take Care

Hi there,

Thank you all for being here when I had a question or a problem.

I just sold my IS350 yesterday and got myself the car I was dreaming of (BMW M3 Convertible).

I know some of you will say that it was not a good call but I wanted the M3 for a while and now I got it.

I did the math and with all the money I spend at the Lexus dealer on oil changes and services it wasn't worth it to stay with the Lexus.

With BMW all the services such as brakes and oil changes are included, so it comes up to just a little bit more a month for the M3 (I am talking about maybe $100 more a month).

I was going to service every 2 months and paid almost $250 so it was about $125 extra a month if you do the math.

I know some of you don't do it at the dealer but I was told that if there is a problem later and the service was not done with Lexus I would have a chance for the warranty to void so I did not take a chance.

Anyway, thank you again and good luck with your IS.

I did the math and with all the money I spend at the Lexus dealer on oil changes and services it wasn't worth it to stay with the Lexus.

Except when you take into account the massive bath you took on depreciation ;)

know some of you don't do it at the dealer but I was told that if there is a problem later and the service was not done with Lexus I would have a chance for the warranty to void so I did not take a chance.

It is illegal for a car company to void your warranty for work done outside the dealer ;)

Hi there,

Thank you all for being here when I had a question or a problem.

I just sold my IS350 yesterday and got myself the car I was dreaming of (BMW M3 Convertible).

I know some of you will say that it was not a good call but I wanted the M3 for a while and now I got it.

With BMW all the services such as brakes and oil changes are included, so it comes up to just a little bit more a month for the M3 (I am talking about maybe $100 more a month).

I was going to service every 2 months and paid almost $250 so it was about $125 extra a month if you do the math.

I know some of you don't do it at the dealer but I was told that if there is a problem later and the service was not done with Lexus I would have a chance for the warranty to void so I did not take a chance.

Anyway, thank you again and good luck with your IS.

Best of luck to you with you BMW! Did you sell outright or did you trade in?

SW is right about the service...as long as you keep record of it you can do it your self or have it done anywhere you want.

Just wondering...how many times do the brakes need replacing before the warranty is up...BMW is what 50,000 mile warranty? Are the brakes really going to need replacing before then? I am just asking because I tend to change cars frequently and I think i have only had to put brakes on 1 car...and I think I had well over 50,000 on it???

I also would like to know how often BMW will change the oil under the free maintenance program. I've heard its only like every 15k-20k. I've also heard that some older BMWs are developing sludging problems because of the long oil change interval.

I ask because the free maintenance makes a BMW very attractive for someone like me to lease, because I wouldn't have to pay anything to maintain the bank's car. If I owned it however I would insist on more frequent changes even if I had to pay for them.

Just wondering...how many times do the brakes need replacing before the warranty is up...BMW is what 50,000 mile warranty? Are the brakes really going to need replacing before then? I am just asking because I tend to change cars frequently and I think i have only had to put brakes on 1 car...and I think I had well over 50,000 on it???

I've never had a set of front brakes last close to 50k miles on a car, 25k MAYBE.

I've never had a set of front brakes last close to 50k miles on a car, 25k MAYBE.

You do much more stop and go driving than I do...I guess :huh: I sold my 2003 Camry with 39,000 miles on it. It went right through MD inspection no problem and the Car now has over 54,000 on it now and brakes are still fine.

If you have the warranty paper work, the garage you are getting your car serviced at is supposed to call and confirm the warranty of your vehicle. You can get your car serviced anywhere. I don't know why they would tell you that. :wacko:

That's what I was wonder, SW. Only because I do drive a lot, and I have a feeling that BMW would not change my oil free of charge every 2 months or so........but I don't know for sure.......

I also would like to know how often BMW will change the oil under the free maintenance program. I've heard its only like every 15k-20k. I've also heard that some older BMWs are developing sludging problems because of the long oil change interval.

I ask because the free maintenance makes a BMW very attractive for someone like me to lease, because I wouldn't have to pay anything to maintain the bank's car. If I owned it however I would insist on more frequent changes even if I had to pay for them.