02 Es300 Adding Aux For Xm Radio...

copy252

i have an audiovox express which has a built in fm transmitter but it sucks. simple as that! i want to get a converter that will work with the xm radio and is built to just plug right into the cd changer port on the factory deck (NO NAVI DECK BTW) ive seen a couple but nothing thats under like 350! is there anything out there anyone can recommend? thanks!

Sure, Soundgate makes one thats way less than $350. You will loose your factory CD changer though. The other option is to wire it through an FM switchbox (Audiovox part no: SATS-WB).

can you link me to this soundgate one that cheaper? i cant find one anywhere!

Well the 02+ doesn't have Nakamichi, it has Mark Levinson. If you don't have nav you don't have Mark Levinson, you have the standard Pioneer system.

so im guessing this will work then. ill give it a wirl i guess and see what happens! thanks!

welp, i assumed this would work. it plugs in and everything but you HAVE to have the external cd changer to make it work. i dont have the cd changer. i have the indash cd changer. so i just wasted 100 on this friggin thing. looks like the only way to hard wire this is to get the LEXXM from soundgate. anyone else have the amswer for me?

I'm sure Soundgate will take it back.

I'd just spring for the unit from Vaistech personally and also get a linkup for an iPod. I'm going to do that and upgrade from my hardwired FM mod.

i really dont have 500 to buy this lexxm and the terk unit. o well. maybe for xmas? lol

Its not $500. You do have an XM unit now don't you? You have to be plugging something into the Soundgate. Just plug it into the Vais unit, the unit is $300 when it includes the iPod hookup, $250 without.

Its not $500. You do have an XM unit now don't you? You have to be plugging something into the Soundgate. Just plug it into the Vais unit, the unit is $300 when it includes the iPod hookup, $250 without.

As soon as I saw this thread, I was going to recommend VAIS Technology as well. It is $300, plugs into factory wiring harness without cutting anythins, and adds 2 AUX RCA Type Inputs - 1 for XM/Sirius & the other for the iPod!

Link to VAIS: http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html