Check Engine Light

Mannie

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2000 LX470.

The check engine light on the dash stays on all the time.

Now the VSC Trac and VSC Off signal also stays on all the time.

The vehicle has 89 500 miles on it and I know I will have to do a major service at 90 000 miles.

Is this maybe a reminder that a service is due?

By the way, what should I budget for a service through Lexus?

Thanks in advance.

The check engine light is on because there is a malfunction somewhere in the engine control system. The VSC and TRAC lights are on because the check engine light is on(VSC and TRAC are disabled) Get it checked ASAP, as the 2000 model years did not have a light telling you when to get service. A true 90k with a t-belt is expensive.....probably over 1000, depending on your dealer location.

• 3 weeks later...

The check engine light is on because there is a malfunction somewhere in the engine control system. The VSC and TRAC lights are on because the check engine light is on(VSC and TRAC are disabled) Get it checked ASAP, as the 2000 model years did not have a light telling you when to get service. A true 90k with a t-belt is expensive.....probably over 1000, depending on your dealer location.

Does this also apply to a 2000 ES300 Lexus? I am having the same problem with the VSC light on.

It says "VSC" under the temperature gauge and then in the middle is says "check" and then a little over to the right it says "VSC off".

Do I have to bring it to a Lexus dealer or can I bring it in anywhere to have them check it out?

Also, does anyone know how much this will cost? Just an estimate . . . :cries:

• 3 years later...

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2000 LX470.

The check engine light on the dash stays on all the time.

Now the VSC Trac and VSC Off signal also stays on all the time.

The vehicle has 89 500 miles on it and I know I will have to do a major service at 90 000 miles.

Is this maybe a reminder that a service is due?

By the way, what should I budget for a service through Lexus?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2000 es300 with 107.000mi.Just had the exact same problem. The scan indicated an error code "P1354" which translates into "WTSYSTEM MALFUNCTION BANK2" This indicates that the "WT ACTUATORS" for both sides of the engine are malfunctioning.Bottom line.......$408.52 parts and labor.