Very Low Start Rpms

what is the lowest possible safe idle speed for ls400/celsiors i know it should be about 650 but i recently changed my spark plugs / wires and while i had the throttle body off i though id clean it. now it runs at about 400 rpm it feels like i have an engine from a 69 camaro, though it doesnt seem to have trouble running at such a low rpm in canada winter can be bad for cars with low idle and i just dont want it to stall. tomorrow i was thinking of checking my throttle stop screw to see if it was accidentaly loosened and also my throttle position sensor but is there any thing else i should look for?

any help appriciated thanks.

Change the fuel filter if you have not. Clean the MAF sensor, the one after the air filter. If the air filter has more than 30,000 miles change it also, if it does not and it is extremely dirty that you cannot see the sunlight it needs replacement.

C. PR

what is the lowest possible safe idle speed for ls400/celsiors i know it should be about 650 but i recently changed my spark plugs / wires and while i had the throttle body off i though id clean it. now it runs at about 400 rpm it feels like i have an engine from a 69 camaro, though it doesnt seem to have trouble running at such a low rpm in canada winter can be bad for cars with low idle and i just dont want it to stall. tomorrow i was thinking of checking my throttle stop screw to see if it was accidentaly loosened and also my throttle position sensor but is there any thing else i should look for?

any help appriciated thanks.

If my engine is warmed up, the A/C is off and I'm in gear, my '98 idles at 400 RPM. If I have the A/C on, it's at 650. It doesn't seem to be a problem.
Same here. Although my car seems to be ok with it as well, it drives me crazy (especially if I'm tryung to park). In the manual, they don't tell you much more than the car should idle at 600-700rpms in neutral w/ no accessories. Mine does that just fine. Put it in drive, and it's a whole other story...

post-1461-1163042378_thumb.jpg

Change the fuel filter if you have not. Clean the MAF sensor, the one after the air filter. If the air filter has more than 30,000 miles change it also, if it does not and it is extremely dirty that you cannot see the sunlight it needs replacement.

C. PR

I've cleaned my MAF, air filter is replaced regularly, retuned the TPS (which is a nightmare to do if you do it the Lexus way) still with no 600-700rpm idle while in gear. My car technically idles as the repair manual says it should, but 400rpms is not normal.