Clicking / Popping Noise Under Car?

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. There has been a clicking / popping noise under my car for a while now. When I put it into reverse and press the brake, it makes like a clicking or popping sound. Sometimes on sharp turns it does it also and when I first turn on the car. Has anyone else had this problem? :wacko:

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. There has been a clicking / popping noise under my car for a while now. When I put it into reverse and press the brake, it makes like a clicking or popping sound. Sometimes on sharp turns it does it also and when I first turn on the car. Has anyone else had this problem?:wacko:

I have the same problem. I usually hear the clicking or popping when i'm in reverse and turning my wheel sharply to the right or left. I have my 30k service scheduled in a few days.....I plan to have them research. I can let you know what they come up with while they have the car.

my 02 GS300 is the same way, but it's not loud. it reminds me of my 98 Honda Prelude that also had the same problem, and it got worse(louder) as it got older. When I took it for a check, the Tech. couldn't find anything wrong or loose...

I have the same problem with my '00 GS300, someone said on this forum that it was the shock absorbers. I cant seem to find what it is. Lexus did not find the problem. I still hear it, If it is the shock absorber, then I have serious problems understanding physics, this noise also happens when the car is still and I move the wteering wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. There has been a clicking / popping noise under my car for a while now. When I put it into reverse and press the brake, it makes like a clicking or popping sound. Sometimes on sharp turns it does it also and when I first turn on the car. Has anyone else had this problem?:wacko:

maybe you need these things:

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...ubCategoryID=85

I have brake shuddering even though i just changed my brakes and roters with OE parts.

You all most likely are hearing the clunking from your brakes. Think about it... when engaging in reverse you apply your brakes. I read up alot about this topic and my car does that same thing right now! I think we need a brake shim kit. The pads are loose against the calipers. I heard the lexus dealer has these, but I'm sure you can find cheaper elsewhere.