Voice Commands

• 2 weeks later...

Post contents removed by moderator

Why don't you try contributing something to the forum yourself before you insult others for not responding quickly enough to your off topic queries.-SW03ES

Edited by SW03ES

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Post contents removed by moderator

Why don't you try contributing something to the forum yourself before you insult others for not responding quickly enough to your off topic queries.-SW03ES

Huh??? :(

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a list of voice commands I put together in PDF format. This is a lot easier to refererence than the manual...

Thank you so much for putting this together. It is easier than reading the manual, which I think is incomplete. One question that I have... say.. for the POI search... the instruction says.. "nearest(Italian) reataurant... and the list will come up.... Ok, question!! is there a way to search the POI by name. For example... Search..."Blue Lake Fine Art Camp". Or is my expectation is too hight for the technology? Please advise. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Here's a list of voice commands I put together in PDF format. This is a lot easier to refererence than the manual...

Thank You very much. This format works our well. Nice and neat. Easy to tuck away.

I tried a few of the commands and the response has been really good. You do have to speak clearly and not have other sounds

while doing it. Not as fast a pushing controls but fun to show off a little to family or friends.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

BACKGROUND INFO: Whenever I depress the "Talk" button, my 460L says: "After the beep, please say a command. <pause> *beep* "

QUESTION: Does anyone happen to know how to make the beep simply occur immediately? [so you don't have to wait 10 seconds before being able to issue the command?]

BACKGROUND INFO: Whenever I depress the "Talk" button, my 460L says: "After the beep, please say a command. <pause> *beep* "

QUESTION: Does anyone happen to know how to make the beep simply occur immediately? [so you don't have to wait 10 seconds before being able to issue the command?]

Simply touch the button two times in a row. You will then hear the beep and you can give your command. It sometimes takes a little while after pushing the button twice before you get the beep.

Simply touch the button two times in a row. You will then hear the beep and you can give your command. It sometimes takes a little while after pushing the button twice before you get the beep.

Perfect -- thx so much, Paul!

Not sure if the 07 is the same as my GX but you can also cut the feature off by going in to the setup mode of the system I think as well. But as a side note: Voice Commands??? Good Luck with that! :lol: :)

[Gave it a try this morning. Unfortunately, depressing the button twice simply causes the "After the beep, please say a command" message to restart from the beginning.]

[Gave it a try this morning. Unfortunately, depressing the button twice simply causes the "After the beep, please say a command" message to restart from the beginning.]

She is a little particular. If you remember the old Morse Code, it was a series of dots and dashes. When I say "Touch" the button two times in a row, it is more like two dashes and not two dots. I don't know how else to explain it to you. Even if she comes on an says "Please say a command" you can still hit the button once and get the beep. Try playing with it, you won't break it, and if you get into a command mode you don't want, just hit the button and say "Cancel".

Some folks on the board will echo some dissatisfaction with the Voice Command System. I'm one of them. Lexus simply does not have a good voice recognition software. Half the time it doesn't work at all and the other half it gives you back the opposite action of your command. You may be frustrated but I have found somethings that seem to work fairly consistently. Raise and Lower temperature is one.

Let us know how your coming.

Some folks on the board will echo some dissatisfaction with the Voice Command System. I'm one of them. Lexus simply does not have a good voice recognition software. Half the time it doesn't work at all and the other half it gives you back the opposite action of your command.

LEXI Baby: Did you say...

ME: Ahhh...hell with this! :cheers:

• 9 months later...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much for putting this together in such a usable format and sharing. Just got my Lexus RX350 2 days ago and an tired of listening to the directions to someplace I'm not going. Couldn't figure out how to turn it off -- could call my dealer who is great, but I am determined to figure this out either by playing, with the manual (they are good but ....) or over the internet. This is wonderful! SL