New Tires!

Hey guys,

I took my car to Lexus today because the car was drifting to the right and my tires were almost gone ( I only have 7800 miles on the car ) and the middle tread was alright but the sidewalls were totally worn away. So anyway, I took it in today and they said they are going to give me four new tires! They said the tires were worn do to "aggressive driving" but they are going to replace them anyways! Just thought I would share.... :D

The idea came to me to take it to the dealer because while I was at Autocross another IS driver told me that his car pulled to the right and he took it to the dealer and they replaced his tires because they found a defect in them which made the car pull to one side. So, if any of you have this problem take it back to the dealer. :cheers:

Hey guys,

I took my car to Lexus today because the car was drifting to the right and my tires were almost gone ( I only have 7800 miles on the car ) and the middle tread was alright but the sidewalls were totally worn away. So anyway, I took it in today and they said they are going to give me four new tires! They said the tires were worn do to "aggressive driving" but they are going to replace them anyways! Just thought I would share.... :D

The idea came to me to take it to the dealer because while I was at Autocross another IS driver told me that his car pulled to the right and he took it to the dealer and they replaced his tires because they found a defect in them which made the car pull to one side. So, if any of you have this problem take it back to the dealer. :cheers:

I guess some people just live right or they have the right dealer. Were the tires gone cuz of the last 6 auto :whistles: X's you participated in?

There is a defect in some of the OEM Dunlops. The belts shift off center and the conicity causes the car to pull to one side. Lexus have been replacing these tires.

just some of the sportmaxx? or all of them?

does that mean if the car came with sportmaxx then we can get free replacements when they wear out?

my friend's 06 that he bought a few weeks after me came with Bridgestone RE050s, maybe thats why Lexus have been changing tires.

There is a defect in some of the OEM Dunlops. The belts shift off center and the conicity causes the car to pull to one side. Lexus have been replacing these tires.

just some of the sportmaxx? or all of them?

does that mean if the car came with sportmaxx then we can get free replacements when they wear out?

my friend's 06 that he bought a few weeks after me came with Bridgestone RE050s, maybe thats why Lexus have been changing tires.

Not all the Sportmaxx. It was during a certain time period. Dealers probably have a range of tire serial numbers involved.

Nooooooooooo of course not :P lol, no they were wearing out fast reguardless :D

And JM Lexus in FL is really helpfull with any issues, I have to say they are one of the best dealers.

Hey guys,

The idea came to me to take it to the dealer because while I was at Autocross another IS driver told me that his car pulled to the right and he took it to the dealer and they replaced his tires because they found a defect in them which made the car pull to one side. So, if any of you have this problem take it back to the dealer.:cheers:

I guess some people just live right or they have the right dealer. Were the tires gone cuz of the last 6 auto :whistles: X's you participated in?