Silver Or Black?

Hi Guys!

I am new to this site and need some help. I will be purchasing a new 2007 Lexus 250awd in the next month, but I am torn between Silver and Black. I have never had a Black car before and I am optimistically cautious about getting one in that color because I'm afraid that it will get durty to easily and the Paint will look terrible after 2 to 3 years. Saying that, I love how it looks on the IS250. If anyone can give some advice on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Positves and Negatives and so forth.

Thank you in advance.

And if you have either pictures of your IS in either Silver or Black that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My wife used to have a Black on Black BMW 3......and it is a nightware to keep clean....she would take it to professional car wash once a week and it will "look" dirty after the second day.....every lightest scratch and all the dust will show up on black..... i finally convinced her and we just got a Siliver metalic IS350 and we love it .......it hides the dust much better and the car looks good even after a week without washing.

Hi Guys!

I am new to this site and need some help. I will be purchasing a new 2007 Lexus 250awd in the next month, but I am torn between Silver and Black. I have never had a Black car before and I am optimistically cautious about getting one in that color because I'm afraid that it will get durty to easily and the Paint will look terrible after 2 to 3 years. Saying that, I love how it looks on the IS250. If anyone can give some advice on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Positves and Negatives and so forth.

Thank you in advance.

And if you have either pictures of your IS in either Silver or Black that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I had a black BMW, as well, and it was very hard to keep clean. I didn't really see a lot of scratches on it, however. My husband used to wax it about once a month, if not more. I would say that I'll never own another car in black.......but it sure is purty when it's clean!!! :P

I have to say, however, I think the IS looks better in black than silver. I don't particularly care for the car in silver. However, that's just my opinion.

My wife loves black cars....THANK GOD her new car is not black (granite grey I love that color easy to keep clean :) )

IMHO-

The only time black looks good is when you have just finished cleaning it. Black is not a color that you can do a little mini clean up job with quick detailer very well. Ifyou plan on getting your car for a everyday driver...get silver or you will have to clean it every couple of days!

Good Luck!!!! :lol: :D

My last car was a black Honda 2 door. Only two words................."Never Again".

I have a crystal white IS350. I've been much happier since. (do you think the car has something to do with it?) :blink::rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for your responses. I love the new IS in Black, but I'd rather apreciate not having to clean it every other day to keep it looking nice, which is totally deserves. With Silver, I could wash it once a week or longer and it will still look great.

I would also like to hear from current owners of the new IS250/350 with Black to get there opinion on the subject and if they are happy with there decision.

I've owned both black and silver cars. I currently have a silver IS 350 and a black BMW. The BMW looks great right after I wash it but looks dirty within a couple days. Not to mention the black BMW shows every little scratch and swirl marks from washing the car.

Also, I think the silver IS looks better than black because it shows off the lines of the car better. The lines of the IS are great and on the black ones they tend to hide the lines. Just my 2 cents.

I had a very dark green car that, like black, looked great right after I washed it, but then it always looked dirty after that and any swirl marks showed up. I got the silver IS350 and have been very happy with it for two reasons. First, it looks great even afer a week or more of dry weather and, even with a few spits of rain, it will still look good. You'll be more likely to wash it to clean the brake dust off the front wheels than because the body looks dirty. Second, it reflects heat better so it's cooler in the summer. I also agree, it shows off the lines better too. This particular shade of silver almost glows in the bright sun.

You'll be more likely to wash it to clean the brake dust off the front wheels than because the body looks dirty. Second, it reflects heat better so it's cooler in the summer. I also agree, it shows off the lines better too.

I couldn't agree more. I end up washing my silver IS 350 once a week simply because my front rims are black from brake dust. I've never owned a car that has this much terrible brake dust.

You'll be more likely to wash it to clean the brake dust off the front wheels than because the body looks dirty. Second, it reflects heat better so it's cooler in the summer. I also agree, it shows off the lines better too.

I couldn't agree more. I end up washing my silver IS 350 once a week simply because my front rims are black from brake dust. I've never owned a car that has this much terrible brake dust.

I opted for the chromed stock wheels, and they don't show the brake dust near as much, and look great with Tungsten Pearl (Silver).

Thank you everyone for helping me on this subject. I've decided to go with Silver, which is what I originally wanted in the beginning of my search. Your responses clarified was I was thinking in the first place. Black looks great right after you wash it, but after a day or two, it needs to be washed again. I talked to the dealer yesterday and they said that it will take two to three weeks to get a Silver IS250 AWD. I'm thinking of waiting for the December to Remember event. Does anybody have any experience with D to R events? Also, I live in Portland Oregon, so there is only one dealer in town. Has anyone had any experience with Lexus of Portland? I want to get a good deal andI would prefer not to Pay MSRP.

Anyways, thanks again and if any of you have any suggestions or ideas on pricing and sales tactics that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone for helping me on this subject. I've decided to go with Silver, which is what I originally wanted in the beginning of my search. Your responses clarified was I was thinking in the first place. Black looks great right after you wash it, but after a day or two, it needs to be washed again. I talked to the dealer yesterday and they said that it will take two to three weeks to get a Silver IS250 AWD. I'm thinking of waiting for the December to Remember event. Does anybody have any experience with D to R events? Also, I live in Portland Oregon, so there is only one dealer in town. Has anyone had any experience with Lexus of Portland? I want to get a good deal andI would prefer not to Pay MSRP.

Anyways, thanks again and if any of you have any suggestions or ideas on pricing and sales tactics that would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind that the same amount of dirt/road debris and the like are going to be equal on any color car. No matter either way you have to wash it.

Keep in mind that the same amount of dirt/road debris and the like are going to be equal on any color car. No matter either way you have to wash it.

I understand that you have to wash it. That's not really this issue. The issue is that Black requires a lot more work and upkeep to keep it clean and looking nice which it deserves. I've had Silver cars before, as well as other colors, including my previous car, an IS300 which was silver. For the most part, it looked great all the time. And I washed it once a week or so. Either way, just getting the vehicle is a luxury within itself. I cannot wait to start enjoying it.