2 Vs 4 Tires

I have the standard 18inch summer tires on my is 250 rwd right now and was thinking of getting some winter or all season tires. I live in Seattle so am more concerned about wet pavement than snow (but i do live near a hilly area) so do you guys think I can get by with just changing my 2 rear tires to all-season or winter and leave the front tires stock? Or is it better if I change all 4 tires?

Any recommendations on which brand/model to get?

Thanks

I have the standard 18inch summer tires on my is 250 rwd right now and was thinking of getting some winter or all season tires. I live in Seattle so am more concerned about wet pavement than snow (but i do live near a hilly area) so do you guys think I can get by with just changing my 2 rear tires to all-season or winter and leave the front tires stock? Or is it better if I change all 4 tires?

Any recommendations on which brand/model to get?

Thanks

Change all four. Two might work but won't be optimum. You've got a premium car so spend the money, just wisely.

Tirerack has Avon Tech 550 AS tires at a reasonable price that should do the trick for your intended use. Treadwear is 360AA for both and they have high ratings. Prices are $115/134 each. No, I don't sell the tires.

Gotta do all 4, mainly because the sidewalls on the tires will flex differently and the front and rear of the car will behave differently. I used to put snows on the rear of an old Celica that I had and it was downright scary at times because the tires behaved so differently. Since then, I've always insisted on 4 matched tires, either 4 performance tires, 4 winter tires or 4 all-seasons. I have 2 sets for my IS, the performance tires and a set of Blizzaks for winter.