Brake Idiot Light

My brake light on my '92 intermittedly comes on...I've noted that sometimes it lights up after I let up on the pedal when accelerating under normal driving. But sometimes it lights up when I gently accelerate. I've checked brake fluid level and it's OK....nothing seems to be blocking the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

My brake light on my '92 intermittedly comes on...I've noted that sometimes it lights up after I let up on the pedal when accelerating under normal driving. But sometimes it lights up when I gently accelerate. I've checked brake fluid level and it's OK....nothing seems to be blocking the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

you mean the Emergency break light?

I am guessing that your Ebreak is loose (just from use) and needs to be tightened

I dismantled and adjusted my ebreak some months ago and figured out how that part of an SC400 works. It is really simple.

Basically the break line can be tightened or loosened via a set of two bolts (just like a bicycle)

There are two larg bolts that you need to loosen (won't come all the way off)

First- Pull off the leather cover (this will expose a the metal frame of your ebreak) It should just slide out over the handle

Second- Loosen (they are in there tight) the two large bolts it will get easy to do then hard again, when it gets hard again stop.

Third- The break will be loose, just tilt it in towards your seat and tighten the nuts on the end of the cable It is in a kinda awkward place but you can get it tight enough that there should be tension all the way down, remember you don’t want to tighten it too much or your rear breaks will always be on =p

The othe more getto solution it the following. When you lift the Ebreak a button is, "unpushed" and the light turns on. Just stick a piece of electric tape over it to hold it down and you will never see that light turn on.

You still have to take apart your ebreak to do this though so you might as well tighten it anyway.

Good luck, hope this helps

My brake light on my '92 intermittedly comes on...I've noted that sometimes it lights up after

I let up on the pedal when accelerating under normal driving. But sometimes it lights up when I gently accelerate. I've checked brake fluid level and it's OK....nothing seems to be blocking the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

My brake light on my '92 intermittedly comes on...I've noted that sometimes it lights up after

I let up on the pedal when accelerating under normal driving. But sometimes it lights up when I gently accelerate. I've checked brake fluid level and it's OK....nothing seems to be blocking the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

um, okay I was not aware there was a different break light the red light that says "break" is your ebreak light. Not sure what your talking about