Ac Blower

Luvmy470

Ok, so I am a new LX owner but nowhere in the manual can I find that the blower for the heater does not come on automatically when I start the vehicle. I had to ask some women at church today who was getting out of hers if she ever had that problem and she said that the vehicle waits until the engine is warmed before the blower starts so you are not getting cold air blown on you. Boy did I feel stupid. I thanked her for saving me a trip to the dealership.

Ok, so I am a new LX owner but nowhere in the manual can I find that the blower for the heater does not come on automatically when I start the vehicle. I had to ask some women at church today who was getting out of hers if she ever had that problem and she said that the vehicle waits until the engine is warmed before the blower starts so you are not getting cold air blown on you. Boy did I feel stupid. I thanked her for saving me a trip to the dealership.

That's how the auto a/c system works. During the winter or cold weather, the system takes awhile before the blower and/or heater turns on. That's what I experienced in my previous RX300, now in my GX470 and in my 4Runner also. It's a characteristic of the auto a/c system. If you want quick heat, just turn the blower on, and crank your thermostat up to upper 70s and DON'T turn on the "auto" button.