Flush Services At Toyota Dealer Instead Of Lexus?

coolwater

I want to have all flush services done to my 2000 ES300 reaching 90,000 miles. My mechanic's shop does not do transmission flush so I guess I will have to take it to a Toyota dealer--is this a good idea? How much price difference between Lexus and Toyota dealer for following flush services?

1. Transmission Flush

2. Coolant Flush

3. Differential Flush <-- what is this?

4. Brake Flush (Dot 3? or Dot 4?)

5. Power Steering Flush

6. Any other flush services needed???

Thank you!

You should be able to get all of these services done at a Toyota dealership with no problems, as they will write all of them off from a Camry of the same model year and same V6 engine. You'll also save plenty of $$$ just doing these services at Toyota instead of Lexus.

You should be able to get all of these services done at a Toyota dealership with no problems, as they will write all of them off from a Camry of the same model year and same V6 engine. You'll also save plenty of $$$ just doing these services at Toyota instead of Lexus.

I agree 100% ;)

This goes for any dealership, Lexus included. You should find one service advisor that you like and trust and keep using him. A good one is worth his (or her) weight in gold. Service advisors are paid on comission so finding one who is going to put you ahead of themselves when it comes to diagnosing repairs isn't easy.

I thought Toyota did not like flushes of atf since they most times do more harm?

Unless the Tranny and diff changde from my 98, how can you flush a diff (when it is integral to tranny)? Plus it only holds like <1 qt.

Trying to help but you can do everything on the list yourself.

1. Transmission Flush (I would not do it). Just use some synthetic ATF and call it a day. Drain every 25 to 30K miles.

2. Coolant Flush - Use 50% RO/DI water and vinegar and run for like 20 minutes; drain and refill with Ro/DI water only and run for 20 minutes; drain and refill with proper coolant.

3. Differential Flush <-- what is this? See #1

4. Brake Flush (Dot 3? or Dot 4?)- Use either or...You can use DOT 4 in DOT 3 but not visa versa. I use an extractor adn do each wheel cyl every year.

5. Power Steering Flush- I use an extractor and suck all the stuff out or reservoir. Then refill every year.

If not, around here the Lexus and Toyo dealers are the same prices.

Toyota/Lexus/Scion only does ATF drains becuase they don't have flushing equipment.

I would do multiple drain & fills, driving around in between if you don't want to flush. From there, if you change your own oil. You're only adding what? $10-15 dollars per oil change to drain your pan & change the fluid.

That's real cheap insurance on a transmission!

I get about 2 years on Dot4 fluid before I suck it out the res & bleed out old fluid.

On the Powersteering, I flush it. Suck the fluid out of the res, disconnect the hoses, route one to new fluid & the old to a bucket. Jack the front of the car up. Turn the wheel from one stop to the other. 2-3-4 minutes later you'll see nothing but super bright fluid evacuating the system.

Don't ever flush the powersteering with the engine running...

Toyota/Lexus/Scion only does ATF drains becuase they don't have flushing equipment.

I would do multiple drain & fills, driving around in between if you don't want to flush. From there, if you change your own oil. You're only adding what? $10-15 dollars per oil change to drain your pan & change the fluid.

That's real cheap insurance on a transmission!

I get about 2 years on Dot4 fluid before I suck it out the res & bleed out old fluid.

On the Powersteering, I flush it. Suck the fluid out of the res, disconnect the hoses, route one to new fluid & the old to a bucket. Jack the front of the car up. Turn the wheel from one stop to the other. 2-3-4 minutes later you'll see nothing but super bright fluid evacuating the system.

Don't ever flush the powersteering with the engine running...

Like I said: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=33212&hl=